We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Track Experience

Pherelas

Best advice - Take it easy.

Ive never had track experience myself, but I would imagine you wouldn't want to wreck your vehicle. Gain some highspeed experience before you go for fast laps ;)

But mostly - have fun!

Nonsense! FLOOR IT!!!! :nuts:

Hm, maybe I should learn to drive before I give out advice....:p

I race, the best thing to do really is to take it easy, you should be with an instructor so he'll tell you what you should be doing.

The best thing to do is to be really smooth with the car, you'll be faster, kinder on the car and the instructor will be impressed. :)

That was brilliant. Yer instructor for first 2 cars and then on my own for the Formula Renault (obviusly). Floored it lots but its a fast track.

Porsche Cayman was the first as was great, smooth and great through corners and got up to 115 mph. Overtook loads in this on my first 2 laps, Ferrari Scuderia and a Formula Renault car. Loved it even the whole thing looks boring.

Aston V8 Vantage was very comfortable and great interier but was a bit to heavy and the flappy gear change jurked you around way to much. Only got up to 115 again becouse it was just too heavy.

Formula Renault was scary. It tipped it down with rain as i went out so my viser got covered in rain and my wingmirrors were just white with mist. Got overtaken by an MX5!!! (instructor was driving it), though i did take a F355.

Sounds like a good day. What was the track like as I've only been round a makeshift track on an airfield. I'm toying with the idea of going thruxton to drive the Viper (SRT-10)

I drove the Vantage's bigger brother the DB9, it changed gear smoothly (something to do with a special diff and clutch) and didn't lag like other flappy paddles. I bet the Scud had a bit of lag when changing.

Didn't know that any of the trackdays had Scuds yet thought they where all noraml F430's.

Sounds like a good day. What was the track like as I've only been round a makeshift track on an airfield. I'm toying with the idea of going thruxton to drive the Viper (SRT-10)

I drove the Vantage's bigger brother the DB9, it changed gear smoothly (something to do with a special diff and clutch) and didn't lag like other flappy paddles. I bet the Scud had a bit of lag when changing.

Didn't know that any of the trackdays had Scuds yet thought they where all noraml F430's.

Thurxton track is brilliant, really quick (quickest in europe apparently) but has a few brilliant corners aswell. Its all really well orgainised aswell but quite busy. Yer they have normal F430's but you can upgrade to the Scuderia. They also have the only LP670-4 SV in a British experience package (number 27 / 100). Well worth going along.

In the meeting at the begining they were braging about the track. Apparently when they had an F1 car go round it was going 170mph at the apex of one of the corners. Also in the lambo people get up to around 150mph by the end of the stright where you have to break down to 40mph for the club chicane. Must be fun.

The who thing is quite expensive, its £140 for 3 laps in the new Lambo, there are plenty of other packages though cheaper and going up to silly amounts. Mine was the Aston Martin Plus package.

Mine was £495 iirc for 5 cars but it was at an airfield, the trouble is it appears that proper tracks charge alot more, probably coz if you go off theres more damages that can be done to the car and track unlike an airfield.

Thats a lot more than what i paid but for a lot more. There are huge run off areas at the track, drove past one racing car that was off the track by about 10 / 15 meters in some long grass. Only place you can really damage the car is at the last corner (used to a lot on toca touring cars 1). Got a few photos coming soon.

The track being wet made you nervous? Awesome cars there though, that AM V8 interior must be a really sweet place to be in. :)

More than nervous, you can buy a video of the drive but I didn't becouse of all the swaring. When i first went out an orange exige went past me (i got a bit lost) and didn't even see it, heard it first. Was only till 4th lap where i could drive it properly.

V8 vantage is just brilliant inside, only problem is the gearbox, don't know what gear your in, tells you on dash but you don't look there. Also hit the lights or indercators when trying to change gear. It needs a realy gearbox.