We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

It's the little details...

Woffin

Had a go on TDU for the first time in ages earlier (I've had exams for University and also reinstalled my PC recently so I've not put it back on until before) and immediately I noticed a few things that caught my attention.

• Why do the AI cars constantly have their lights on? It sort of takes away from the whole weather aspect because the sun is beaming down and theres not a cloud in the sky and people have their lights on full lol. Crazy!
  • The GPS is quite handy in giving you directions, but only if you're going at road legal speeds. If you're going 180 in a Ferrari then by the time she says which way to go, you've long passed the turn! An option to set the GPS callout distance would be awesome.
  • Also, working mirrors would be nice. Some cars are better than others but jump into the Saturn Sky as a perfect example (my favourite small cruiser) and look over to the right side of the car. The mirror is hopeless and you cant see anything! Some mirrors are also completely warped out of shape too. I know this isnt a problem for most people, but for those with TrackIR (which i shall be investing in soon :D ) then the whole point of being able to move your head is to see around you, check your mirrors, look at the hot blonde sat next to you etc :lol:

• 4 months later...

Played TDU for the first time in about 3 weeks and just taking it easy it made me notice the little details not in the game and I thought about posting a new thread then I did a search and found this one so......

* Dirt build up

* Exhaust fumes

* Heat haze

* Heat from engine (a TDU dev actually mentioned this was in TDU during it's development)

* Tunnel lights showing in the cockpit (notice they only show in the outer shell)

* (Close to) Forza 3 style reflections of the others cars/game world (the tech must be around now)