We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ModShop Idea

Camel

Seeing as only Sponge would reply to my thread in the Staff lounge, I thought I'd post it here too and see what your thoughts are on it.

The mod shop isn't really newcomer friendly, or friendly to anyone seeing as it's in the middle of the TDU section. So I thought it would be a good idea to make the mod shop a section.

The mod shop section would have the ready made mod shop sub-forum in it, but also have a requests section underneath it. With links to the vehicle requests, environment requests etc. It would be easier to find and post in the correct places. (I was bored at 4am so I did this in photoshop to show you)

[ATTACH]9433[/ATTACH]

With this the request section for vehicle requests would not just be called requests like all of the other request sections. It'd be call Vehicle requests as it would stand out more and be easier to tell what type of request it in in the new/todays posts pages. The same would go for all of the other request sections.

It'd be easier for new members as it would stand out more and easier for staff that have to constantly move around threads that people post in the wrong sections because it's hard to find the right place.

Good idea or bad?

I see one problem and that is making it so the requests are even more hidden away to the modders that would actually consider them, as they will normally just check the mod shop. I mean it's not as if the requests get done most of the time anyway but still.

I'm for this as the requests do get in the way, and since the staff give up their free time to help out here, and if this makes it easier then meh, i don't see a problem with it :)

I see thats a great idea, ive been getting people adding me on msn (as i have my email all over mods so no surprise) and requesting mods to me.

So a section that has requests away from the actual car mods section would be great, might die down newbies coming in a requesting in a WIP thread etc etc