We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUC 'No Peformance Mods' Policy

Sambo

Should TDUC allow the posting of information regarding [U]SINGLE PLAYER ONLY[/U] performance mods?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should TDUC allow the posting of information regarding [U]SINGLE PLAYER ONLY[/U] performance mods?

• Yes
    • No

Performance

Well i did us a performance editor and it worked.... when is was driving slowly. Slow accelerate and never pressed my g25 gas pedal to the bottom. Everthing was fine, but when you did floore it... Error you have invalid or modified files blah...blah..blah...

So I suggest that everbody just keep his or her performance files original and hope that TDU 2 has very good and realistic performance files and good cars. but that will be fine, ( look at TDU 1 i'm still playing it)

Any major performance mods (Like 1001BHP and car weight etc) gets you kicked off the servers.. So that wouldn't be possible. ;)

If you play offline you are still cheating the "computer-players" therefore it's cheating....

I thought these were ment for "offline use only"

My two cents:

I'd be fine with this if we could limit it to offline only, but we can't. And I think we all know that there will be people who will take advantage of that and make their cars go as fast as they can go before getting kicked off the server or whatever.

They may not affect me very much, cause I've finished the game already, but if I just bought this game and was trying to complete it I know I'd be pretty mad if all I came across in IC's were people who have modded the performance of their cars. ;)

Eden have programmed these cars once and that's the way I think it should stay, regardless if it's realistic or not.

All I can say for sure is that I will never touch a performance mod. ;)

And I think we all know that there will be people who will take advantage of that and make their cars go as fast as they can go before getting kicked off the server or whatever.

I agree completly with what you are saying and before tool or someone jumps in saying "they'll get kicked" there will be limits and people will find them giving them a slight advantage.... any advantage is classed as cheating right?

A car with a top speed of 230 agaisnt the same car that has been "modded" eg 250mph, which would not get you kicked, would be classed as cheating.... Yes?

• 7 months later...

I am sorry to all those people who are against offline performance modding, it doesn't hurt anyone. If someone who is a good coder can come up with a tool that can increase bhp or top speed for offline mode, I also have a solution how not to enter online world with hacked car performance, enable the tool to work on patches 1.45 ONLY As you cannot enter online mode using this patch

I also apprieciate that Sambo has wrote this whole post, and argues for what he thinks is right.

and what about those who bought the game and want it updated?

I still stand by my grounds that they're ruining online because they're being used for cheating and quite frankly pathetic reasons. Just the other day, I saw a Shelby GT500 fly past me at an immense speed whilst going 160mph myself in my 350z...

Give a man a tool, and he'll exploit it. Simple as that.