We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Winter time in Oʻahu?

iLLusion

Hey guys. ;) I know I'm a new cookie over here, but I got an idea... Idea about having winter time in Oʻahu! What? But dude, there's no snow on damn Hawaii. You crazy or... high? :confused:

I know, I know... it sounds a bit crazy (well, IT IS crazy :cheeky:) but I'm tired of same old Oʻahu, and I believe I'm not the only one. So, hear me out pls. Maybe this snowy idea isn't so bad after all... :coolspot:

I've seen new road texture, autumn mod, new grass mod, new sand mod... so we already know what files to edit in order to change appeareance of environment. What if we edit them and add some white color to it? Maybe add some mist too? This is a long shot, but, it's worth to try it. Don't you think so? It's winter time, baby! :thumbsup:

So, what do you think? Is it worth all the hassle? Or winter time on Hawaii sucks. :D

btw.

Hmm, I don't promise nothing, but if I got enough of free time I will try and tweak TDU files in order to transform this default summer time into winter. Stay tuned. :)

p.s.

Excuse my not-so-well English. :)

I agree; this would be fantastic. :) Someone's working on it, but they say its a big task and that its not going to be done until probably December. Here's some of their posts:

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3574&page=17

He's got the flying leaves swapped for snowflakes, grass and trees switched to white, roads re-textured with snow covering, and increased fog, as well as some other stuff. :) I guess we'll have to wait, but it will be awesome when it comes out. :)

-Leadfoot

• 2 weeks later...