We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Superpatch?

GWTBialy

Hello,

Today I've just thinking and to my mind gets some idea. What if TDU-Central will make a huge TDU Superpatch? I mean - very many new car models added to the game, with best sounds, realistic gauges, adjusted logos etc etc. We can use TDUeditor by Dredgy. And everything in .exe file (file will contain updated files from Bnk/Vehicules, Bnk/Sound, Bnk/FrontEnd and Bnk/DataBase).

And to install this TDUSuperpatch gamer of course must have TDU 1.66A + Megapack + TDU 1.67D patch.

What do you think about it? I reckon that will be great to ride with other players in online mode with the same changed cars. (Know what I mean, everyone will have changed for example Alfa GT to Renault Megane RS250, Lambo Gallardo SE to Lambo Gallardo LP550-2 etc.)

I've already done this for my game. Since I'm constantly resetting my database and reinstalling TDU to try and deal with support issues and for playing online, I just made one big installer to return all my mods back to how I wanted - models, physics, dealers.

Though it doesn't use official replacements - for example the Lexus IS350 becomes the Lamborghini Reventon.

But like eveything else I do, I don't give a rat's about people playing online. For what is the point of a super patch if you can't patch what actually needs patching (the physics).

Nope!

would not work... I would not give permission for my mods to be in it and i doubt others would too.

That is the biggest thing stopping you.

But simple question - why you wouldn't give permission? What's the reason? Your mods can be still downloaded from filefront as simple models - not problem at all. This patch will be just pack of everything in simple .exe instalator. And it will be update maybe once per 2 months or something. So - you will still published your models in "Vehicle Models" forum, and that patch will be just pack of everything.

The problem is me and tool like to know our download figures and other modders too.

This helps us on future cars and patches.

And that's the reason? Because you want to know number? ;) Sory, but it's stupid for me. You will also see the number how many people download superpatch - no problem. And, as I say before - you will still publishing models, and that patch will just bring it to the one package.

Just think about it - that will be great for online races etc. Was'nt it?

The problem with that is, if we have a customized installer. modders won't know if we've used their mods at all, some of us won't want to use the models (as some of us already have them and others don't want to use them.) So modders will know how many people have downloaded the superpatch but they won't know how many people have used their models.

If I'm making sense at all? :P

Yes, of course, you making sense... but I still think that patch is a good idea. It will be just like soundpacks, but much more bigger one.

And - from my point of view - that will not be problem for modders, because their models will be still published in Relase Models forum. Update for the patch will be once per 2 months.

And modders - if you published your new cars, you want to other players download it and use it. TDU Superpatch will be just big pack of everything - this patch may get new experience of TDU game for players.

Of course - I will create big Credits in instalator program, with autor of every model, every gauge and every sound (if it's possible).

But it still comes to the fact that you will need permission from every modder.

I want to know how many people have downloaded and used MY mod not other peoples. This is for the fact then i know if i should spend time updating the mod etc.

If my Download files only show 50 downloads then what is the point. This will mean download numbers will be reduced meaning less updates etc for that car.

As i have said this idea has been suggested before but couldn't actually happen due to this very reason.

its all very well trying to argue the case but if the modders say no then its basically no.

Also have u thought how big it would be just to download without massive compression!

Also have u thought how big it would be just to download without massive compression!

Compression? It will be no problem I think. Size of patch will be just about 1,5GB. Is it incredible big size? I don't think so... maybe, if you have 256kbps Internet connection it willl be problem. But for fastest connection it isn't.

But it still comes to the fact that you will need permission from every modder.

Of course, you right. But you published your mods on the Internet, so you want to players play with it. That big package is I think good idea... but I am only gamer and I can make .exe file.. not more.

Well, I think that some other modders will write something on this topic and we will see.

What I think..

------------------------------------------------------------

Negatives:

1. It wouldn't be able to go online if you were to add physics cause it will kick people off the servers.

2. People wanna install their own mods on a game, I mean if I was to get a mod that I didn't like in my game it would suck.

3. I wouldn't allow you to put my mods in honest, cause I do update my mods every time. When people bug report I fix them and keep rereleasing now and then so alot of people for my mods would sometimes be out of date. Like reaper also said I keep track of downloads, cause most downloaded cars get a high chance at getting updated or even remade and sure you'd be able to tell how much the patch has got, though its whether or not people are actually using it in their games. (I am saying that in the most polite way)

4. Not many people have the megapack, and if they don't and a mod replaces a car there is a high chance people could get megapack by updated files. For example: if you were to put a DB.bnk and other database stuff from the megapack into a non megapack game it would unlock and update the whole game for the cars to be unlocked which would mean piracy etc.

5. Some modder's people have alot of the same mods (just different quality) and would be unfair to others if you were to say "Well this guy has done a better job so ill add that one and leave this one out"

6. TDU Crashes if you over load your game with mods. (I've helped 3 people with this issue)

7. Loading times would suck major arse. (This would be due to different poly counts and drawing distance's

8. How would you credit every single Sound modder, Modder, HUD Creator and maybe even texture people. It would be a crap load of people to list.

9. Main patch file size would be deadly

10. People who have physics changes while they install there is a high chance at that going wrong. For example 2CV's Bugatti car that installs alot of stuff.

Positives:

1. Noobs who won't use the TDU search function to find a mod would be able to just install this and get all the mods

Overall: Good idea if TDU wasn't restrictive of alot of stuff.. Or at least alot of mods.

Could you picture a patch for all cars in GTA IV to be updated? :eek2: Same example with TDU really.

Could you picture a patch for all cars in GTA IV to be updated?

Of course, I can. polish modder seba make it. Every car in one pack ;)

So, I think that modding scene of TDU is funny. In past I've making patches to FIFA and we get everything to one big pack and superpatch was fantastic ;)

But everything is about what modders want.

So I think that is the end of the topic. I will make exe patch only for myself or for the few my mates as well.

Cheers

i think the idea is good, but there are many people who like different cars, so how is it possible to make a patch for all of them?

some would like to have the M3 E46 on the CLK55, others would prefer Mercedes, or any other car.

we´ve got hundreds of different mods, so you could only change some cars like murcielago to LP640, but there you got the problem: vents up or down?

i think most of the players like to change cars as they want, it´s easier than any time before with modding tools, the tdu-editor and other tools to get your own tdu as you like it.

6. TDU Crashes if you over load your game with mods. (I've helped 3 people with this issue)

Sorry to go offtopic bu t is there any more information about issue number 6? I never heared of a overload problem.... and i did quiet a lot to my tdu without problems yet so far....

On topic, cute idea but does not everyone of us have own plans? I bet where I set my Dodge Challenger concept is 100% diffrent from where Tool or anyone else will place it....