We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it just me or does nothing happen around here as it used to?

BioHazard7911

I have had making this sort of thread in my head for quite a while now, just so you know there is nothing personal\offensive intended.

Now I know that Tool or any of the other modders can't make cars within one day unless they actually want it done that quickly, but from what I was told on Steam, someone posted modded textures that are ripped from Tools mods on this forum. Now I haven't really confirmed that but if what my mate said is true, then I have to say; I am really disappointed. I have stayed off TDU for a little bit due to less mods flowing in as usual, I played it today to test the Zonda Cinque and Zonda R. (I'm happy with both of the cars btw, nice work Tool).

I am happy being here and being able to make friends and ask about problems, and all that, but the fact where people post links to viruses and say their TDU cars or mods, really make me annoyed. And the fact where some people go "I know there's a car like that made already" and then followed by: "OMG WHERE IS IT???? Plz. :)" It really bugs me.

And then there is the mass amount of requests by one person only, but that has stopped now. But then there is this too: "OMG STOP DISSING IT!!!!" "THATS CAUSE I AM ELEVEN I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!"

^ Guys, SARCASM DOES NOT WORK around here.

And I will say again, there is nothing personal or offensive intended within this thread\post. This might cost me my reputation around here but I am willing to make that sacrifice to at least speak my mind about what I think about this situation. And I also DO respect what the admins\moderators do around here, they do a good job, but all I'm saying is the flooding really has to stop.

I hope no flaming follows throughout\outside this thread.

And I'm sorry for any trouble caused within the future and\or past.

-Stealth

EDIT: One part I forgot, I also find it annoying how people post mods saying they made it when its clearly someone elses, I would report it but I see it locked before I can actually report it.

As staff members we don't get time to read the whole forum, which is where the report button comes in, if you don't like a post report it, we'll look into it and take action if appropriate.

but the fact where people post links to viruses and say their TDU cars or mods' date=' really make me annoyed[/quote']

That's happened here? No ones ever reported that issue to us, so we can't really do anything about it. If you see a problem and don't report it, there's very little chance of it being sorted.

I say this to everyone, the report button is there for a reason, so use it! Now give me some cookies :D

As staff members we don't get time to read the whole forum, which is where the report button comes in, if you don't like a post report it, we'll look into it and take action if appropriate.

-snip-

That's happened here? No ones ever reported that issue to us, so we can't really do anything about it. If you see a problem and don't report it, there's very little chance of it being sorted.

I say this to everyone, the report button is there for a reason, so use it! Now give me some cookies :D

I remember seeing it once in a request thread, but it was already reported. So its all good now. I guess its partially my fault for not helping out...sorry man :(

I remember seeing it once in a request thread, but it was already reported. So its all good now. I guess its partially my fault for not helping out...sorry man :(

It's not anyone's fault, but it's so easily solved, we're here to help, but sometimes life gets in the way. Speaking for myself, I have very little free time outside of work, and I'm sure other team members are the same, which is why if it's reported we can get on top of it when we visit the forum.

You help us and we'll help you :)

It's post like? I can't really comment on it to be honest, I don't use the mod shop at all, I can see why it'd be annoying, but at the end of the day you just learn to ignore it. I feel sarcasm can work, they just don't have the talent to do it ;).

I have had making this sort of thread in my head for quite a while now, just so you know there is nothing personal\offensive intended.

Now I know that Tool or any of the other modders can't make cars within one day unless they actually want it done that quickly, but from what I was told on Steam, someone posted modded textures that are ripped from Tools mods on this forum. Now I haven't really confirmed that but if what my mate said is true, then I have to say; I am really disappointed. I have stayed off TDU for a little bit due to less mods flowing in as usual, I played it today to test the Zonda Cinque and Zonda R. (I'm happy with both of the cars btw, nice work Tool).

I am happy being here and being able to make friends and ask about problems, and all that, but the fact where people post links to viruses and say their TDU cars or mods, really make me annoyed. And the fact where some people go "I know there's a car like that made already" and then followed by: "OMG WHERE IS IT???? Plz. :)" It really bugs me.

And then there is the mass amount of requests by one person only, but that has stopped now. But then there is this too: "OMG STOP DISSING IT!!!!" "THATS CAUSE I AM ELEVEN I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!"

^ Guys, SARCASM DOES NOT WORK around here.

And I will say again, there is nothing personal or offensive intended within this thread\post. This might cost me my reputation around here but I am willing to make that sacrifice to at least speak my mind about what I think about this situation. And I also DO respect what the admins\moderators do around here, they do a good job, but all I'm saying is the flooding really has to stop.

I hope no flaming follows throughout\outside this thread.

And I'm sorry for any trouble caused within the future and\or past.

-Stealth

EDIT: One part I forgot, I also find it annoying how people post mods saying they made it when its clearly someone elses, I would report it but I see it locked before I can actually report it.

Really, I don't see how this thread could annoy anybody here... And in any case, the criticism in your post is levelled at people who never look outside the Mod Shop anyway. I don't go to the Mod Shop often enough for these people to be a problem to me, but I do see where you're coming from

but the fact where people post links to viruses and say their TDU cars or mods, really make me annoyed.

That wasn't reported but I saw it and sorted it. The member who posted the link thought the page contained real 3D models of the car that he was requesting.

You mean like when they recolour rims? I'm sorry, but if something as minor as that bothers you then.. oh boy.

All I'm saying is its disrespectful to the modders and all that and if they want to make that stuff, they should at least ask first. Or even yet just keep it to themselves. It ruins the point of modding. Thats all I'm saying.

Isn't the point of modding that everyone can make and edit things to how they like them? So surely the more mods the better the game is for everyone, individuality is what makes the world unique, so if they make it for themselves then it's nice of them to share with the community.

All I'm saying is its disrespectful to the modders and all that and if they want to make that stuff, they should at least ask first. Or even yet just keep it to themselves. It ruins the point of modding. Thats all I'm saying.

TBH you've had more out of the modders than most. You eventually got your Nazca C12, which is more than other people got.

That response only applies if you are saying it ruins the point of modding when modders don't release things. Either that or you're saying it ruins modding when people are disrespectful and they should keep it to themselves, which is what I hope you're saying.

To be honest, I don't think its really stealing, since 99% of modders convert cars from other games, and I don't believe they have EA's, Simbin's etc permission to use their models... Just sayin..

Yeah but they usually say where they took the model from, while some just take someone else's mod and release it as their own without crediting the original creator.

Yeah but they usually say where they took the model from, while some just take someone else's mod and release it as their own without crediting the original creator.

I think he means the situations when people steal other modders' mods and release them as their own... That's how I understood it at least.

Thats what I'm trying to imply.