We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: World's Fastest Mod

dredgy

Also, back to the thing about a paid model. Assuming you are a "Businessman", the smartest thing for you to do as a "Businessman" would be to sell the model and make money to cover the loss.

I guess you never got into GTA modding (III, VC, SA, 4), because dozens of those mods originally came from paid sites and were released FOR FREE, in many cases the mods were done by the same person who made the model for the pay sites. For them, it's more exposure for their work which gives them the chance to get hired to do 3-D modeling full time.

The same goes for mods for any other game that's moddable, they've ALL had paid for models released for free, everything from 1st person shooters to racing games to flight sims and everything inbetween. If the game is moddable, it's had paid models released for free.

The attitude of some of the users in this place STINKS. Im surprised anyone releases any kind of mods here. FFS people, modders on this place spend ages working hard on mods and all others can do is whine and b1tch about the person releasing stuff to them and FOR FREE no less.

Originally Posted by Pressurized

Also, back to the thing about a paid model. Assuming you are a "Businessman", the smartest thing for you to do as a "Businessman" would be to sell the model and make money to cover the loss.

Some people who buy these models HAVE already made their money back on them before making mods. For example.. as i said in a previous post, i own a copy of some of the Evermotion and Dosch-3d car packs. I bought them specifically for an animation job, which i have long since finished and been paid for ( and paid a lot more than the cost of a model pack ) so i have already re-couped the cost of the models and i still have them sat on my HDD doing nothing but collecting digital dust. If i was to release some of them as mods would i need to sell them... NO! because ive already made my money off of them and they aren't being used for anything now. So what the hell i feel kind, ill make a mod out of them, it at least means they are being used for something and will make for some nice mods seeing as they are high detail models.

I know it might seem like some alien concept for people to be genuinely nice on the internet but it does happen (don't be scared by it, its a good thing)

Now finally. What on earth does it matter weather someone says they have a well paid job or not. why should he have to prove it to some idiot. The guy has clearly stated SEVERAL times " HE WILL NOT BE CHARGING FOR THIS MODEL OR ANY OTHER THING HE RELEASES HERE" rather than b1tching at him over it telling him he needs to prove it. why not just shut up wait to see if the mod even gets finished, then if it does and he DOES charge for it , THEN you can call him out on it, if he doesn't charge for it then you know the guy was being genuine all along. But either way. your trying to call him out on stuff that has absolutely no relevance to ANYTHING.

Really people. for the amount of free stuff made available here, some of you certainly have a funny way of showing appreciation.

I would soo love for you to prove that. Atleast with a picture or something, otherwise, it's all rubbish.

None of my concern, if you are you are going to be a ******, I'm not going to stop you. I am smart enough to not post pictures of my bank balance or my house or whatnot on the internet.

I'm not trying to cover a loss. It's not a loss because I get something out of it. I payed $500 for a PS3, then gave it to my niece. I made no money out of it and don't have a console, but its still worth the $500 to know she's happy and for the thank you. With this model, if it turns out well, at least several people will thank me. The modelling is a complex job which is fantastic to get away from work (it's how TDUPE was born) and at the end of it all I have a wicked car to zip around in that I will probably never get to drive in real life. I'm not doing this to make money, I have no desire to make money from this. At all. None of you would pay it and I wouldn't make more than a few dollars back anyway.

And FYI, I spent much more on development of TDUPE - dunno if you've ever checked but Visual Studio doesn't exactly cost the same as a cup of coffee.

Some people who buy these models HAVE already made their money back on them before making mods.

Indeed. While I haven't gotten any back on this model I do have used models of a Ferrari 458, Toyota Camry and a generic ute which are all suitable for TDU. I just liked this car a lot better than those.

The attitude of some of the users in this place STINKS.

+1. It doesn't bother me overally, but yes.

So in short terms. I just want an SSC in the game. The fact that I'm releasing it is just cause I'm nice.