We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What do you want in the next xbox?

StrickenHAWK?

Well, what wouldn't surprise me is having all of the games as a digital download.

Eventually everything is going to be that way anyway.

Also...

- Swappable HDD's

- 4GB+ of memory (swappable maybe but compatibility issues will happen)

- Support for 3+ monitors... higher resolutions (on all games)

- better voip service... (not exactly a console thing)

- EDIT: AN INTERNET BROWSER

Just a few in a list of many.

Well, what wouldn't surprise me is having all of the games as a digital download.

Eventually everything is going to be that way anyway.

Also...

- Swappable HDD's

- 4GB+ of memory (swappable maybe but compatibility issues will happen)

- Support for 3+ monitors... higher resolutions (on all games)

- better voip service... (not exactly a console thing)

- EDIT: AN INTERNET BROWSER

Just a few in a list of many.

Good list, however the idea of an Internet browser on a Microsoft product sounds dangerous. Last thing I want is a full compliment of X360 Viruses.

VOIP is an interesting one, I like the idea. Especially since M$ is so busy chasing the "Social" gamer. I was rather disappointed with Facebook on 360, it's basically useless. I would have preferred the 360's own kind of "Myspace" system which was viewable from people's profiles and also via your PC/Mac on Xbox.com.

Good list, however the idea of an Internet browser on a Microsoft product sounds dangerous. Last thing I want is a full compliment of X360 Viruses.

VOIP is an interesting one, I like the idea. Especially since M$ is so busy chasing the "Social" gamer. I was rather disappointed with Facebook on 360, it's basically useless. I would have preferred the 360's own kind of "Myspace" system which was viewable from people's profiles and also via your PC/Mac on Xbox.com.

Yeh, I can see where the browser can cause problems. As far as Xbox's own "myspace," that's a perfect idea. There's a more personal side to gaming and actually, that could be used as your friends list. :p

Hopefully with more than 100 people. Then you could have priority lists where only those people could send you game invites or something. :cheeky:

I think it needs to be the perfect blend of everything that the 360 has tried but not really achived. It should be like an Ipod or Android, everything is simple but works, endless personalisation, linking facebook with xbox live with msn with google accounts. If games were downloaded only, then everything could flow loads better. Now your in menu or in game, i'd like to see everything everywhere, almost done but the new (ish) dashboard. Would also be good to not have a hardrive, keep everything online. Keep the console cheap and simple and use the internet to store everything.

I dunno, bigger specs are the old race, making everything flow together is the new power.

Hm, it's a nice idea (losing the HDD) but having games stored server side is expensive for M$. Think about it, they want £40 a year for peer 2 peer matchmaking, so having to stream gigs and gigs of data is a no no. Then you have the internet speed issue. I can't imagine the lag if you are downloading the game and connecting to play against people.

New dashboard and better integration, agree entirely. It takes M$ so long to add new features like Facebook, and then when they arrive they are half baked versions.

• 3 weeks later...