We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crazy Winter Mod auto setup program v1.5

TheDuck38

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the installer worked (it seems if you lost 4 Gb), you should find a "Hawai winter" folder inside your "<TDU folder>/euro/bnk/level" folder.

Else, it means it's somewhere on your disk, but not a t the correct place.

Can you check if you find this folder "hawai winter" somewhere ?

There was no Hawai winter in that folder :( I created one in there but there was nothing installed there, opening the installer now. Could be a while as it's extracting again :eek:

There was no Hawai winter in that folder :( I created one in there but there was nothing installed there, opening the installer now. Could be a while as it's extracting again :eek:

No, you need to clear all the folders that the installer will put by itself...

Here's the procedure :

- Uninstall the application (there should be an uninstaller in your Start menu, else you can use windows 'add / remove programs')

- Remove any 'TDU winter from TDU folder

- Remove the 'Hawai winter' folder

- launch the installer again and make sure to specify "c:/program files/atari/test drive unlimited" as install path. The installer MUST put its files inside the TDU app folder.

No, you need to clear all the folders that the installer will put by itself...

Here's the procedure :

- Uninstall the application (there should be an uninstaller in your Start menu, else you can use windows 'add / remove programs')

- Remove any 'TDU winter from TDU folder

- Remove the 'Hawai winter' folder

- launch the installer again and make sure to specify "c:/program files/atari/test drive unlimited" as install path. The installer MUST put its files inside the TDU app folder.

Okay thanks :) Uninstalling now. Depending on how long this takes, I might have to go after. :(

(Lol, as i posted it's gone. :lol: )

Hello,

Which version of windows are you running ? It is probably a question of user's rights. In the readme file, there are some instructions concerning the rights to give and the readonly tag to remove on TDU folder and subfolders. On the picture I can see the soft could not copy the 'roadpatch.bnk' in '.../euro/bnk/details'. There's no reason for this except a rights problem...

Normally, the installer has made a backup of your files in ".../TDU winter/TDU normal mode".

What you must do now (if I'm right) :

- change the rights to 'full access' for 'user' if using Win7 or Vista

- remove the readonly tag for TDU app. folder and subfolders.

- Use the 'restoration normal mode' of the installer to replace correct files.

I strongly advise (all of) you to read carefully the readme file. There are very important rules inside to get everything working.

In case you don't manage to restore the 'normal' mode and you don't have a backup of your TDU folder, I will send you the files needed and the procedure.

By the way, if you manage to get it working, you should get the "TDU seaon", which is an upgrade of "TDU Winter" and has a logfile... really better to troubleshoot the problems. It's also more securized if you try to bug it (like trying to change the mode while TDU's running) !!!

Be careful if you do this, YOU MUST BE IN NORMAL MODE TO UPGRADE...

TD38

Edit : the rest of the pictures is normal as the install was partial...

Hello,

Which version of windows are you running ? It is probably a question of user's rights. In the readme file, there are some instructions concerning the rights to give and the readonly tag to remove on TDU folder and subfolders. On the picture I can see the soft could not copy the 'roadpatch.bnk' in '.../euro/bnk/details'. There's no reason for this except a rights problem...

Normally, the installer has made a backup of your files in ".../TDU winter/TDU normal mode".

What you must do now (if I'm right) :

- change the rights to 'full access' for 'user' if using Win7 or Vista

- remove the readonly tag for TDU app. folder and subfolders.

- Use the 'restoration normal mode' of the installer to replace correct files.

I strongly advise (all of) you to read carefully the readme file. There are very important rules inside to get everything working.

In case you don't manage to restore the 'normal' mode and you don't have a backup of your TDU folder, I will send you the files needed and the procedure.

By the way, if you manage to get it working, you should get the "TDU seaon", which is an upgrade of "TDU Winter" and has a logfile... really better to troubleshoot the problems. It's also more securized if you try to bug it (like trying to change the mode while TDU's running) !!!

Be careful if you do this, YOU MUST BE IN NORMAL MODE TO UPGRADE...

TD38

Edit : the rest of the pictures is normal as the install was partial...

Hi

I've had a look through it seems to be running as Admin, so that shouldn't be a problem. To manual restore files, do I just replace everything in the "Hawai" folder with backups?

Hi

I've had a look through it seems to be running as Admin, so that shouldn't be a problem. To manual restore files, do I just replace everything in the "Hawai" folder with backups?

Which version of windows are you running ? If it's windows 7 or Vista, you need to set the rights AND remove the ReadOnly tag (which is there for sure except if you already removed it...). Even launched with admin rights, the program will not bypass a ReadOnly tag; and I am not confident concerning the Windows rights system:mad:.

Replacing hawai folder won't work as you would see everything white if this folder had been changed ...

If the rights problem does not solve the problem, just check the orange section of the first post of the thread. The procedure is there.

"Courage..."

TD38

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

Which version of windows are you running ? If it's windows 7 or Vista, you need to set the rights AND remove the ReadOnly tag (which is there for sure except if you already removed it...). Even launched with admin rights, the program will not bypass a ReadOnly tag; and I am not confident concerning the Windows rights system:mad:.

Replacing hawai folder won't work as you would see everything white if this folder had been changed ...

If the rights problem does not solve the problem, just check the orange section of the first post of the thread. The procedure is there.

"Courage..."

TD38

I unchecked all readme's now. One thing that I did notice was this:

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/LP670-4_SV/Block-1.jpg

I unblocked it. Could that help in any way?

I unchecked all readme's now. One thing that I did notice was this:

I unblocked it. Could that help in any way?

Maybe for decompressing... but this file is not involved anymore in the process.

So, did automatic restoration worked after setting all the rights and removing tags ? Which system are you running ?

TD38

Maybe for decompressing... but this file is not involved anymore in the process.

So, did automatic restoration worked after setting all the rights and removing tags ? Which system are you running ?

TD38

Sorry i'm running Vista. And it seems to have worked even though it did throw up that error, it says 'Restauration is not necessary as TDU is not in winter mode.' so it may have worked. I might have to pop on TDU to double check first though.

Edit: Just tried it and no difference. Still get slightly pale grass and no other change. :(

Are you sure you remove the Readonly tags to subfolders also ? Because the prog just copies files from a folder to another. It's a basic of any OS.

Anyway, to uninstall just follow carefully the orange section in the first post. When you'll have set everything back, just uninstall the soft through windows Add/Remove programs.

If for any reason the backup files don't work, just tell me, I'll give you a link to a package of 'good' files.

TD38

Are you sure you remove the Readonly tags to subfolders also ? Because the prog just copies files from a folder to another. It's a basic of any OS.

Looking through now, all of the folders (TDU winter being one, is that right?) have reticked that box! Everytime i untick it, it re-ticks.

Yeah I changed it to that.

(...)

Everytime I uncheck it, click apply then ok (or just ok) it checks itself again. Even with full permission. No matter what I do it still doesn't seem to like me. :(

This is the cause of the problem you got.

I cannot help you on this matter as I only own a XP version, thus don't know how to get the right to change this.

If you manage to set and keep this ReadOnly tag unchecked (for TDU folder AND subfolders), you'll get my app working (just re-set any winter mode in the program to recover).

Tell me (us) when you manage to do it. It will help others for sure.

Theduck38

This is the cause of the problem you got.

I cannot help you on this matter as I only own a XP version, thus don't know how to get the right to change this.

If you manage to set and keep this ReadOnly tag unchecked (for TDU folder AND subfolders), you'll get my app working (just re-set any winter mode in the program to recover).

Tell me (us) when you manage to do it. It will help others for sure.

Theduck38

Okay i'll see what I can do.

Shame Vista is the most unhelpful OS ever.

Edit: Vista is just ignoring me, anyone know if it's actually possible to edit anything at all to make it so you can change it from readme?

Do I have to type this in somewhere? Sorry for being dumb but i'm not very good with this :lol:

Start menu => Run => type "cmd" in 'open' field, then OK => you get the DOS interface

Then you type :

cd c:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited (return)

attrib -R /D /S (return)

TD38

Start menu => Run => type "cmd" in 'open' field, then OK => you get the DOS interface

Then you type :

cd c:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited (return)

attrib -R /D /S (return)

TD38

Whenever I open it it only comes up with C:\Users\Tim>

So I tried this, and it went wrong. :o

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/LP670-4_SV/CUser.jpg

Am I doing it right? I know i'm really awkward, sorry. :lol:

:fp:

You need to type "cd c:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited"

cd stands for change directory. So once you type the above code and press enter it should say "C:\program files\atari\test drive unlimited" instead of "C:\Users\Tim>"

Then once you have changed the directory just type in "attrib -R /D /S " and press enter. Voila.

Hope I helped.