We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

n00b question about replacing cars....

Vano89

Firstly this site is amazing, I played for years with the default cars but then I found you and now TDU is become simply perfect!

I've got only a very noob question: I've seen that every new car replaces a specifc car but can I choose to replace a car that i prefer? for example I downloaded the audi r8 and I'd like not to replace the vanquish but the audi s6......there are any problems? replacing the s6 with the r8 equals to replace the vanquish with the r8? I hope so, sounds strange to have an audi in a AM dealer...........

thanks and sorry 4 my bad english:thumbsup:

Mmm yeah, you can do that but you can have problems with the IK (The driver) and the Camera, and maybe some other bugs, but they are easily fixable with the Dredgy Perfomenace Editor ;)

Only change the name of the car to the other that you want to replace and its done.

thanks, so if i have some problems I simply have to use the settings used by the original creator of the car?

for example in my case (r8 v10):

Camera Swap: Aston Martin Vanquish S

that's all? pheeew I expected the worst:lol:

Hmmm it uses the S6 physics...But thats not a big problem , if you are playing offline use the Perfomance Editor and that will be done ;) . Making the physics its not difficult and can be funny , if you wanna do that i can suggest you this page - http://www.supercars.net - It has complete information of hte cars like Gear Ratios , Horspower, Lenght of the car and all that stuff :D

Malakai, you forgot to tell him the most important rule of modding.. ;)

Always make a BACKUP!!! :D

Well, that rule is posted in EVERY mod that i have ever seen so , its not my fault (?) xD,

But, yeah, its very important...And i never practice it xD

THats why my TDU usually collapse x.x