We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can someone educated on put me straight?

vaughan34

Ok, now i have no modding experience, no programming experience, or 3d modelling experience... but im incredably good at logical thinking now, my guess is there are about 5 different models for houses in TDU because alot of them are the same but in different places, now my guess is they can be replaced by a file the same size, because they all seem to be on "plots of land" the grass is greener... NPI... (no punn intended) but im guessing thers some sort of coding to be done... were the cars are parked in the garages, what path they take when they automaticly leave the garage... camaras and IK's (i still dont know what IK's are btw) and price ect the list goes on... but. are these parameters physically attached to the models?

basicly i want to keep the garage... and just replace the look of the inside and outside of 1 property, can this be done?

afaik it's just the same file placed in multiple parts of the map. Another file would contain the other data (location, orientation, etc, etc). Change one part, you'll change every instance of it. The furniture inside houses are probably buried in a BNK file somewhere.

camaras and IK's (i still dont know what IK's are btw)

IK stands for Inverse Kinematics, in simple terms for TDU, it's what controls the bone structure used for the character animations inside the cars, and there's probably one for inside the houses as well.

Inside the cars the IK controls the hand position on the steering wheel, the body position of the character (sitting up straight, leaned back, etc), and where the seatbelts get placed inside the car.