We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU will not start

hanshans

If you8 recently installed mods - remove them - they can cause the game to crash.

Also try different video card drivers.

Also try going to Task Manager and killing as many background process that are able to be stopped safely.

Make sure you root through the Atari file, the installer will not remove any foreign files eg. mods, because it doesn't know of their existence :) also some saved games might be corrupt due to mods. so get rid of them too... i hope this helps if not let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem it started in vista so i did a clean install of windows 7 pro it worked for an hour so i reinstalled it 4 times with no luck, i checked all the drivers, i even did a full install and deleted the registries, im using an asus g51vx laptop so i cannot remove the gfx card and the memory seems to be fine, i have had no luck running the game, i bought this game when it came out and i only have 4 hours of game play. anyone who can fix the shud make and sell a crash patch it would make good coin

I know, it could help others who have the same problem and find this thread after searching.

Windows Vista and 7 protect the Program Files folder more than XP, so older games sometimes have issues when they store data here, as well as when modding. Keeping your games separate removes this issue.

Your save game might have become corrupted after the game crashed previously. It's worth keeping backups of it as you get more achievements.

I know, it could help others who have the same problem and find this thread after searching.

Windows Vista and 7 protect the Program Files folder more than XP, so older games sometimes have issues when they store data here, as well as when modding. Keeping your games separate removes this issue.

Your save game might have become corrupted after the game crashed previously. It's worth keeping backups of it as you get more achievements.

im starting to put backups of the game and save file on a portable drive