We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Smoke out Taillights?

nemesis93

Ok so ive been looking everywhere how to smoke out taillights. Specifically for the GTR. So i extracted lgt_rof.2db as i read in a post and converted it to dds. Then i opened up the image with DXTbmp and edited it with photoshop cs4. I selected the lights and used image>adjustments>Hue/Saturation and smoked them out. Then i converted them back to 2db and repacked them into the bnk. When i went in-game the tailights look a yellowish-orange which look horrible.

Any ideas?

Do not use DXTBMP to alter DDS - some corruption have been noticed on textures. Prefer using photoshop with nvidia DDS plugin, or paint.net (built-in dds support).

And important thing to remember, you have to keep the same texture format as original 2db file (see file properties in TDU Modding Tools 2D Converter to know which format to save to).

Alright thanks Djey. I love the TDU modding tools it has almost everything you need!

Do not use DXTBMP to alter DDS - some corruption have been noticed on textures. Prefer using photoshop with nvidia DDS plugin, or paint.net (built-in dds support).

And important thing to remember, you have to keep the same texture format as original 2db file (see file properties in TDU Modding Tools 2D Converter to know which format to save to).

Thank You DJEY it Worked!!! It probably was a file corruption in DXTbmp because i did everything exactly the same only it worked this time around with paint.net. ( i have photoshop but i cant seem to get the dds plugin from nvidia working?) Oh well now i know that there is a great program that is out there for free..

[mod edit:] Stop double posting.