We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

HardCore Mode

Beav

Hello!

Im trying to get into using HardCore mode. Im finding it stupidly hard and notice alot of people who use this mode use a racing wheel (normally the G25).

Is it even worth using hardcore mode when using an xbox360 controller with the pc?

~Thanks

Hello!

Im trying to get into using HardCore mode. Im finding it stupidly hard and notice alot of people who use this mode use a racing wheel (normally the G25).

Is it even worth using hardcore mode when using an xbox360 controller with the pc?

~Thanks

Well the first time I started using HCM, I had a gamepad. It was hard at start, but you should be able to get the hang of it fairly quickly. Though with wheel it's much better experience and easier to keep control of the car imo.

I see bud :) I would try and buy a G25 but im wanting to get driving lesson soon so dont really want toblow £100 on one.

Ile probabley just stick to normal mode and realistically cruise or even use HCM for cruising as its aparently better to keep in the right lane :D

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't unlocked HC mode yet, but I am in no rush. After looking at videos of it, it seems stupidly ridiculous. If people like it, good for them, but it just seems unnecessary.

couldn't agree more, but the jumps are awesome mate!

it's a test though, so it's not too bad, if you are bored :happyroll:

I see bud :) I would try and buy a G25 but im wanting to get driving lesson soon so dont really want toblow £100 on one.

Ile probabley just stick to normal mode and realistically cruise or even use HCM for cruising as its aparently better to keep in the right lane :D

I recommend the Thrustmaster RGT. I have it. It costs less then 100. even less than 80^^ and it´s pretty good. I just love it. It has everything I wanted. 3 Pedals. 2 Shiftwhips, a shiftstick, and enough buttons. Forcefeedback ( good forcefeedback!) and it doesnt have loud sounds when steering or so.

I love it and it´s the cheapest with 3 pedals and a shiftstick^^

Now there, I have to disagree with you.

The Thrustmaster RGT was my first wheel. Within a month, the belt (yes, it's belt driven!) snapped on the FFB motor. Shipped it back to the supplier and got a replacement. That one had a broken shifter. Sent that one back.

The next one came and it wouldn't register the brake pedal (other two were fine)

Got my money back and went for the G25 instead... Not a single problem.

-

As for HCM, I love it and would never go back to normal mode (Hell, I'd even seriously consider cheating my way to some money if I ever got low) Yes, the gravity isn't the most realistic of things, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be (Because they're so used to normal mode, which, to me, is not realistic at all)

But as I always say, it's a matter of personal preference. I, personally, hate normal mode.

As for HCM, I love it and would never go back to normal mode (Hell, I'd even seriously consider cheating my way to some money if I ever got low) Yes, the gravity isn't the most realistic of things, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be (Because they're so used to normal mode, which, to me, is not realistic at all)

But as I always say, it's a matter of personal preference. I, personally, hate normal mode.

The more I use HC mode the more I like it. But it's still terrible. The "floating" just drives me nuts. It IS more realistic that you actually have to brake to make a turn...not every car can make a turn at 150MPH! Still though, it just doens't feel quite right.

• 4 weeks later...

For driving insanely fast, normal mode is fun!

HC mode is fun to master, because you can do all sorts of shenanegans.

The freeway going to Kaneohe has the biggest jump. (for a road).

We get a group together and mark off who has the longest jump. Everybodies laughing!

Using the inside of Diamondhead Crater for a ramp is cool too.

HC mode Tip: Use an easy to control car first. And adjust to full-on Driver Assist.

Then as you get used to it, slowly take down the assist levels, Until it's off.

Then graduate to a faster car, and so on...

Finally, in the same manner, semi-master the Koenigsegg with out assist.

To many, it's the most difficult. And that's why some drivers use it.

After that, Cars such as the Maclaren will seem to handle like magic.

A cheap alternative to a G-25 (G-27's have no forcefeedback in TDU1)

is the Logitech MOMO wheel. Very Heavy Duty!