We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Maybe some slow cruisers?

akabreak

I've been playing TDU online for 3-4 days, and in all that time I encountered:

- 1 guy who drives slower then traffic

- 5-6 guys who just wants to hit me

- 10-15 guys who drive around in speeds above 300kph.. on the streights

- 0 guys who cruise around at speeds faster then traffic, not too fast, not above 250kph, without crashes

- 80% of people shown on the map aren't there.. (other platform? then why even shown?)

Now, my question is, is there anybody here who just cruises around as I described? Maybe some club that does it? That would be great.

I don't care what car, just that its on nice roads, preferably 2 lanes in same direction (west coast, part of it) and such nice roads. Speeds not exceeding 250kph and thats in overtaking. Some guys/clubs who actually slow down when they cant overtake rather then going off the "legal part of the road" just to overtake without loosing their 400+ kph speed... I also don't want to drive so slow that I'm being overtaken by the traffic.. that can be fun as well, but just isn't what I'm looking for..

It's probably because you're pretty new that you don't know some cruisers.

They are sometimes on the island.

Most off time is high speed and really high speed(bizar).

I'm one off al categories depending my mood. ;)

The other problem can be you're connection, the server or the groupleader connection.

Groups can't be bigger then 8 people. You can't join full groups.

I saw in that manual something about group of players being able to lock.. but maybe thats why there should be a club or something..

If some of you who do this kind of driving ever make a club I'd be happy to join, I saw it's like 350k or so.. rly aint got it atm lol

The best way to enjoy a slow cruise is to organise one on the forums. State what rules and speed limits will be enforced, what cars can be brought, when it's on, and give people a week to sign up for the cruise by replying to your thread.

The map only shows players with the same platform (PC). There are different sessions on the server, and in TDU1 it's sometimes very tricky to jump to a different session to join others.

If you are connected to someone and they drive more than ~5 kilometers away from you they will disconnect from you. Locking to them removes this limitation so you can stay connected even if on the other side of the island from them. This will make it harder for others to join you though if there is a great distance between you.

I don't think I already have enough skill with TDU commands and "tools" ingame to organize such a thing, but I will in a week or two if some1 else doesn't. Till then, you can mostly find me roaming on west coast, "2 lanes same way" part of the road, and sometimes all the way up to the lighthouse, or that streight in the "desert". ;)

Most HC players hate arcade mode players.

Waaaaaaaaah. :cry:

But yea, I change my speeds depending on my mood too, I guess.

It also depends on the car as well. I like driving slow cruisers sometimes :D

MSM has the kind of cruises Ryzza was talking about, and hopefully soon we'll have one that could appeal to you and people like you. :)

lol, but I don't have HC option yet, will try it when it comes..

But I usually play rFactor online, and TDU for the fun and worry-free driving, thing that its probably made for, but I will sure try if it will improve possibility of meeting some cruisers

I do GTR evolution(and mods) for the serious driving.

TDU HC mode is for drifting. :thumbsup:

I don't like HC... Its just really unrealistic. So I just play normal, even though most don't like it :cheeky:

Anyway, yea, I always cruise like described about - don't floor it but I don't go really slow either. I also obey the rules of the road just for fun ;)

Well, If some of you wanna drive around at speeds, lets say below 250kph, maybe in some formation, that is, not trying to drive away from slower drivers.. I will be roaming around here http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1557/tduislandmap2.jpg today 22:00-23:00 GMT+1 (CET)

Doesn't matter what car, drive what you like (but it is maybe easier to control your foot in some car that cant do like 400kph lol)

- Found only 1 player today for cruising, dunno if from here or not.

But it was awfully short cruise.. He asked me if I wanna cruise, I agreed, then 1 of us probably disconnected for some reason because he just disaapeared...

Then I found group of 4-5 players racing around, but that was really nerve wrecking, since 2 of them were actually cruising and others were wrecking us, traffic, and each other...

.. better luck next time I hope..

TDU1 has devolved into groups in HC mode in A cars, and those not in HC mode. It's whatever will get you to play a 4 year old game. For some reason HC'ers tend to avoid those not in HC mode (why is that? I cruise with people some in and some out of HC mode. Some of the people I know who usually cruise in HC mode go to normal mode when cruising with me, but I don't ask them to. Cruise in whatever mode you like, I say).

Driving every day IRL, following the rules, stuck behind some really dumb people who just can't seem to go anywhere near the speed limit, being tailgated by some nut no matter how much OVER the speed limit you go . . . I like to cruise "at speed" in TDU - no speed limits (which are ridiculously low), stop signs or traffic lights gonna' slow me down.

I cruise in the lanes (even oncoming lanes) and only go on to the shoulder or off road to avoid an accident, but I do it as fast as I can, so I kinda' "follow the rules". But I drive a C car and sometimes a D car. My preference is the C6 (top speed: 200 MPH). But then I do my best to avoid the main roads used by most cruisers (H1, north shore, most of the ocean side roads etc.)

I also slow down for turns, but then I don't usually use the GPS map so I have to look for the big green signs and the white arrows on the road as cues for when I'm approaching a turn. I will turn it on when I'm with a group, just to help keep track of everyone; I don't want to leave anyone behind. It's so much more fun cruising in a group.

I'll try to connect to you if I ever see you on the map.

:D

@akabreak Hi tried to connect to you several times on Saturday night but failed don’t know if you could see me but you kept disappearing the closest I got was when you appeared in front of me with someone called Dan something then you both disappeared. The servers are a bit hit and miss now, maybe another time

:damnit:

So, we almost met..

TDU online experience really sucks... I see that I'm connected to you in freeride players menu, but I don't see your car.. or I see it for like 2 sec.. really messed up

Whoever want's to cruise, its akabreak ingame, same as here, whatever car, wherever.. I only want that we dont crash each other or traffic, no max speed, for me cruising in corvette c6 is 200-260kph, ofc slowing down for traffic and stuff.. But the main thing is that we drive together, without trying to run away from each other..

Really for now, AI drivers in single player mode are even better then 90% of online people..

I've cruised with Slash and a few other Americans occasionally when they've stayed up very late :)

Generally speaking, the reason hardcore mode drivers don't like cruising with random "n00b" drivers is due to the fact that Hardcore mode requires you to brake much earlier for corners than in normal mode. Being rammed by "n00b" drivers gets annoying pretty quickly. When you sense that those on the road have respect for the other drivers and try to avoid collisions, then mistakes are easliy forgiven though, and often result in lol's bing typed and photos being taken.

I've cruised with Slash and a few other Americans occasionally when they've stayed up very late :)

Generally speaking, the reason hardcore mode drivers don't like cruising with random "n00b" drivers is due to the fact that Hardcore mode requires you to brake much earlier for corners than in normal mode. Being rammed by "n00b" drivers gets annoying pretty quickly. When you sense that those on the road have respect for the other drivers and try to avoid collisions, then mistakes are easliy forgiven though, and often result in lol's bing typed and photos being taken.

I am quite often rammed by "n00b" hardcore players who try to do 500kph in their tuned rides and consider me too slow while driving 250kph or so in right lane while noticing them and giving them room, quite often..

And that H mode has nothing to do with reality anyway, specially those drifts that are possible in that mode.. Just go and try to do those drifts in GTR, rFactor or LFS, all you H mode players who think that's real feel.

I was probably expecting too much, specially since this, unlike rFactor and LFS is a game that attracts young players who yet don't have the feeling of respect to others..

I'm used to driving rFactor and LFS online where it is crucial to drive defensively, avoid accidents, and drive allround cleanly. Same for driving slowly in real life in traffic, just cant understand whats so fun about crashing others in TDU.. H mode or not..

Quite a few people enjoy HC mode and I say more power to them if it keeps them playing TDU.

Ryzza's right: too many people just don't slow down for turns or even corners. Because of that, I tend to stay out of places like Shark's Cove unless it's with people I know that can handle their cars, HC mode or not.

I've always liked to try and stay as close as I can behind someone without hitting them. It's the challenge, I guess, and fun. I think it has taught me how to stay involved in a cruise without causing alot of crashes.

Respect the people you cruise with and you'll rarely cruise alone.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
I do GTR evolution(and mods) for the serious driving.

TDU HC mode is for drifting. :thumbsup:

Just saw your post, don't know how I missed it before, LOL.

I used to play GTR:EVO, R07 and RACE ON alot until I realized the tire grip is way off. I thought it was me, until I read an interview of a real-life WTCC driver who tried R07. He said the cars, IRL, are much more bonded to the road. Even Simbin has admitted to the problem. It makes Pro mode even more unrealistic. But, if you like your games more difficult than realistic, Simbin games are for you (meaning anyone).

I still play RACE ON (I prefer the F3000 and Formula Master myself over the tin tops), but I change the tire grip variable in the GDB files to make it more realistic. I would rather have fun with a game than get frustrated trying to play an unrealistic one. That's why I like cruising and not racing in TDU.

A game that is harder than real life is no more realistic than one that's easier.

• 4 weeks later...