We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Changed Gamespy password, forgot old one for TDU

Zenith

Ok, here is the deal. I changed password for my Gamespy profile to be able to play TDU 2 Beta. Since I forgot old password I reseted in Gamespy and got new one. TDU2 beta works fine. But my profile for TDU 1 now has invalid password when going online since I changed it for TDU2 :rolleyes: I get message:"This nickname is in use with another password."

Is there any way to find out what password was I using before changing it? Maybe profile files have written this somewhere, but DAT files have some encoding which doesn't make sense.

Anyone solved this problem before? Please :sulk:

Hopefully I won't be needing to restart my online profile from the begining. I have almost champion rank, lot of money and load of cars.

Thanx.

I had the same problem about a year ago. I tried loads of things to get it working, but I had to start again, as the devs never coded the ability for us to change passwords (one of the wonderful consequenses of console ports).

I also contacted Atari Customer Support (Australia, Europe, and USA) via email and have received no replies.

I posted in the new TDU2 forumes about this asking them to make sure it doesn't happen again in TDU2. That said, I don't think TDU2 uses Gamepsy (it asks for your TDU2.com forum password), so I'm not sure what you're on about there anyway.