We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modifying game files and the risk

Mzii

Hi people

Just wanted t o know if anyone has any experiences with getting banned for modifying for example car names. I'm considering renaming a few cars to make them fit, but I'm unsure about wether or not this could get me banned. Any information or links to allowances from Atari is aappreciated.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Talking about using them online indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

so far I haven't had any problem with names at all, unless the Manufacture name is changed, and sometimes conflicts with tuning shops (changing the TVR tuscan to a Mazda Rx7, name included, you cannot bring the car to the tuning shop, says "this vehicle can't be tuned" or "wrong tuning shop for this car") but I have an audi R8 mod with its real name on the KZ1 with no problems.

I'm wondering if the mods ppl put on their game correspond to seeing alot of

"Car not Downloaded" on players on the map, when I have the megapack.

Because I've searched and found a person that had a KZ1, more-so the R8 Mod, and it said they were driving the R8. But then someone driving the same car, more-so, unmodded, it says

"Car Not Downloaded"