We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What to edit in .bnk file

crazy4bmws

Alright new question. I have my long list of tools that I am transferring files types from one to the other. Right now I am only modding the .2db files and the game is crashing when I try to load the modded textures. Is there something else I should be modifying, or are there certain parameters for these files?

I've installed the magic map -awhile before I started modding- and what do you mean by checking the format? Do you mean that it is saving the dds's correctly? If that's the case I'll have to do a control experiment with a dds I know is working.

Anyway, the order is this: open the bnk using the bnk file editor tool 1.0 (I believe it's dredgy's), extract the 2db file, convert the file to dds using the tdu modding tools 1.15, open dds using Irfan View 4.28, save as png, open png with The compressonator 1.5, save as dds, convert dds to 2db using modding tools, load 2db into bnk file editor and save.

Whew, I gotta cramp in my hand....:cry:

try to send ur modded dds or 2DB or bnk to one of your mate for testing.

I tell you this because i get the exactly same problem with the GSXR helmet texture and the only way to make it work was to send it to a friend and then he sends me back the file and it worked. The modified dds never worked on my computer but on him yes...strange thing

Do not use Bnk File Editor to extract/repack your texture in BNK, use TDUMT as it can handle texture file size changes... Time to update your toolings I believe :D

Additionally, use graphics editor like photshop or paint.net to directly modify dds files. You don't have to work with an intermediate format (png).

And no, Bnk File Editor is from Jeff, not Dredgy's :)

This is the method I'm using when editing .dds textures.

Extract and convert .2db with TDUMT. Open that .dds with DXTBmp, and double click on opened image to send it to your default image editing program. Make changes you like and flatten image. Go to File>Save. Switch back to DXTBmp, find Image tab and press Reload after edit. After that you just need to File>Save in DXTBmp. Convert it back to .2db and use TDUMT to put it back in .bnk with Replace, keep name option. Done!

DXTBmp is maybe an old school app, but the good thing about it is that it automatically saves .dds in a correct format.

Good luck! ;)

This is the method I'm using when editing .dds textures.

Extract and convert .2db with TDUMT. Open that .dds with DXTBmp, and double click on opened image to send it to your default image editing program. Make changes you like and flatten image. Go to File>Save. Switch back to DXTBmp, find Image tab and press Reload after edit. After that you just need to File>Save in DXTBmp. Convert it back to .2db and use TDUMT to put it back in .bnk with Replace, keep name option. Done!

DXTBmp is maybe an old school app, but the good thing about it is that it automatically saves .dds in a correct format.

Good luck! ;)

Good to know I'm not the only one who still uses DXTBmp. I do exactly the same thing as you do when editing textures. :)