We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR V1.1a

Ten.

Nissan Skyline R32 GTR Physics[v1.1a]

Vehicle replaced: wichever floats your boat

Creator: Ten.

Tested with G27. I've worked on this since the release of Takumi's R32. Still not satisfied with the AWD, however you will probably find that it does somewhat resemble the ATTESA-ETS. (Oversteer deliberately, keep the throttle abit less than 100% and you should feel the front wheels pulling)

Edit:

v1.1a

I updated the oversteer, please redownload if you cant handle the first one. :P

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

(disregard the braking time)

!!Please make sure to backup your original files before installing this mod and read the included README file if there is one!!

http://www.filefront.com/17777868/NISSAN Skyline GTR R32.tdupk

Requires Djey's Magicmap

Mod History

v1.1a - Fixed Oversteer issue (i uploaded a test version, silly me)

v1.0a - Released

v0.8a - Fixed acceleration/drag issue

v0.2a - Fixed traction issue

Terms of use:

-------------

- The models, skins and other files are for private use only

- Commercial use of this modification is strictly prohibited

- All Registered Trademarks and Copyrights are property of their respective owners

eh? Au contraire, mon ami. Since you are basing this theory of yours that my physics mod is unrealistic on a screenshot of the top speed only, i suggest you might want to have a look at the cars horsepower. This way you perhaps could reconsider your statement about being realistic, or not.

On the other hand, a unmodified r32 GTR with a newly served engine does 165-170mph, not indicated, but with GPS. A stock R32 with the speedlimiter wire cut does +300km/h. The ones(about 15) ive worked on have.

DJvitas, yes, it is for offline.

Its quite different from car to car. Some do 160, some do 170. Depends on the overall condition of it. But surely as this one(the physics mod) has a little over 300hp instead of the stock 282, its even more plausible. Now that i think of it, it should actually do about 280-290km/h. So you where partially correct, its not entirely 100% accurate on that part.

The 280hp stock reading of most Japanese sports cars has never been totally accurate to begin with. Do a little research on that 280hp claim and you'll find out that if any car maker claims more than 280, they get hit with a massive government tax fine. So an R32 GTR with 300+ horsepower bog stock is not unrealistic at all, and for R34's it's been known to go as high as 350+ factory stock.

Ultimately the top speed of any car is a combination of horsepower, aerodynamics, and gearing. One just has to do the math on the gearing to determine the theoretical top speed of the car.

ok guys...this is RB26DETT.

this engine installed on R-32, and R-33, so to the R-34.

as i know, the potential of this skylines is about 400-500+ hp...

don't kick me for my english please :o

That's in a tuned state, and I've seen RB26DETT engines making well in excess of 1200 horsepower (Top Secret R-33), so the 400-500hp rating is considered "beginner" status for Skyline tuners. Many experienced RB26DETT tuners can reach 400hp without changing any engine parts, it's all done electronically.

But I believe this topic is about factory stock power ratings, which have never really been stuck at an actual 280hp.

Do a little Googling on the "Gentlemen's Agreement" concerning the 280hp claims. It finally ended in 2004 when foreign cars imported into Japan weren't restricted in their HP claims so the self-imposed restriction on Japanese made cars was lifted.

The early Gran Turismo games actually accounted for the discrepancies in horsepower claims and actual dyno numbers, when you viewed an R-32 or R-33 GTR at the dealership, it was 280hp, but when you "got it home" into your garage, the HP numbers rose quite significantly. The same went for Supra's, NSX's, and others. IIRC the R-33 GTR V-Spec II in Gran Turismo 1 went up to 320+hp once it was in your garage.

American manufacturers used to do the same thing back in the 70's with the musclecars, the insurance companies were hitting people hard for the high horsepower ratings, so they either reduced the claimed horsepower, or resorted to de-tuning the engines, and the horsepower could be brought back up to maximum with very simple mods. One of them was in one of the Dodge cars, another 40hp could be added with a simple turn of a screw.