We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Clutching

Merle

Has anyone noticed that the clutch in TDU2 is totaly different than TDU1? In TDU1 their was a very realistic system, but now it's unplayable.

Normally, you can lift the clutch a bit and the car moves very slowly, then you hit the throttle and lift the clutch completely and of you are :D

But now you're engine shuts down the moment you lift the clutch even a tiny bit. :confused:

Do I need to ram the throttle every time now, before I lift the clutch, pffff.... Takes away the fun!

Speaking of clutches... Is it not possible to use the clutch with a Gamepad? I've got a Logitech Dual Action (which is supposedly supported) but i haven't gotten the clutch to work. Or haven't i tried enough?

You have to set the gearbox to H-shift+Clutch in the options menu.

Can't wait for that patch and proper clutching :hsquad:

Clutching on a joypad? You're brave...

Clutching on TDU1 was alright... Quite a long way from perfect, but that's mainly due to the fact that a clutch on a G25/27 or Fanatec wheel feels absolutely sod all like a real clutch... But there we go.

From what people are saying I'd hate to think what it's like on the new game.

Clutching on a joypad? You're brave...

Clutching on TDU1 was alright... Quite a long way from perfect, but that's mainly due to the fact that a clutch on a G25/27 or Fanatec wheel feels absolutely sod all like a real clutch... But there we go.

From what people are saying I'd hate to think what it's like on the new game.

I use the clutch on my Gamepad every single time for TDU1, works great.

Interesting. How do you slip it when you want to pull off? Just a case of dumping it or is there a little more technique than that?

You don't slip it from a standstill. It's just full throttle and release and then 0.2 sec after you take off you release 75% of the throttle and it all looks perfectly normal. Then gears 2-7 is just like any other clutch, you don't notice anything odd when shifting. Very easy to learn with a few practices. And using the clutch with a gamepad you can change gear 50% faster than any flappy padel box since you don't have to let go off the throttle if you don't want to, so shifting happens instantly if you time it right.

I threw together a quick video for you as i have nothing else to do tonight :lol:

TDU Gamepad Clutching

Oh the joy of actually powersliding again after playing TDU2 for 2 days! :D