We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU1 Weird Function?

Zen Lee

Today, i just found a weird function in TDU1.

Try pressing and hold keypad "C" for a few seconds.

You would get this. Anyone know wat is it for? Pls tell me.

Non-cockpit view: (would see lock and unlocked)

ojm8g8_th.jpg

2s6msyd_th.jpg

cockpit view: (would see 1x and 5x)

2mjm9t_th.jpg

2mjm9t_th.jpg

Pls tell me if u know. Thks :)

It doesn't do anything when the camera is behind the car (close view or far view, as it is also known).

However, the cameras in the cockpit, on the hood, and on the bumper are affected. If you set some keys that control the character's head, you'll find that when you press the keys, the head turns much faster at 5x than when the setting is at 1x.

For example, I set my look left control to the delete key. I also set my look right control to the page down key (you don't have to set it like mine). If I want to look left at 1x, the turn is very smooth and quite slow. At 5x, the turn is fast and sort of like a jerking motion.

I believe the 5x function is commonly used for racing, and the 1x is commonly used for slow driving. Also, at 1x, the head turns at a full 90 degree angle. At 5x, it's a bit lower than that.

Sorry for the long response, but I cbb to make a video to show you.

So many have ben baffled by this despite it being written in the game manual ;)

But yeah, it just speed up the head left/right movement - good for checking for traffic at intersections if you're in a rush but don't want to crash.

I noticed another details in this X5 set :

if you move the camera with mouse (left click then move the mouse), you can adjust where you wanna look in the vertical line (height), then press left or right view one time for get initialized the camera to the center in horizontal view, you will keep the height correct as you got before, and be able to move your head to left or right keeping this new height.

Sorry, I can't explain more with my english knowledge...