We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari: secrets revealed

Car Freak

Not sure how many of you here are Jalops too and have read this already, but I'd just like to throw this out and get some opinions:

Jalopnik: Obsessed With The Cult Of Cars

Personally, my respect for Chris Harris has just jumped hundredfold for daring to go against the grain. I harbour similar feelings towards Singaporean car journalists, who can never ever seem to have anything properly damning to say about any car, i suspect because we're such a small country that the car manufacturers have a bigger say about things

This has been the case for a while. In fact, during the late '90s, Ferrari actually "blacklisted" customers who allowed journalists to test their cars. It caused very few issues, though, because no one had the courage to speak up about it (which, when you think about it, is understandable - I mean, you would probably lose your job, your company's right to test the most well-known sports car brand in history, and be hated by car people everywhere). :(

-Leadfoot

Does this mean all supercar manufacturers are snobs?

There was that chinese guy who went mental over Lamborghini, and hired some guys to wreck his Gallardo. And now, this comes out about Ferrari. Wondering who's next..maybe Bugatti makes customers pay to drive their cars AFTER buying them. -.-

This might come across as "snobby" but who actually cares? If I was in the market to buy a Ferrari, reading something like this wouldn't change my mind if I wanted it or not, I honestly don't see how someone can dislike Ferrari for this..

Would it change my mind? No way. But the image is tarnished. Admittedly, this issue has been out in the open for a decade (if not more), but it's still an irritating fact that is made all the more frustrating for just the reason you said above - it doesn't make a difference.

-Leadfoot