We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Video Recorders

Ryzza5

I'm trying to reduce the amount of km's I add to my car's odometer by driving up and down the various mountains and would rather try and preserve some of the experiences as I venture out further on a less frequent basis - so after seeing recorded in-car footage on YouTube from other drivers (who mostly show off their reckless speed), I've been trying to find a decent HD video recorder.

So far the best one I've seen (as far as video quality goes) is the Road Eye 3:

You might want to turn down the speakers, not my kind of music :)

Quality looks good, going by the comments the price seems decent (don't want to go much further north than $150), and with a high speed 64GB SDHC card I should be able to record a few hours worth of footage.

Have you ever looked into these products or come accross something better. The only issue with the RE3 is that I can't find much info on the actual product - for all I know it could just be a JVC handy-cam filming that (besides the fish-bowl effect) :p

I saw a review of another "HD" recorder which actually turned out to be a low-res camera, which duplicated the pixels to get to 720p. eughh. While the camera would be useful in the event of some sort of accident, I don't think I'd keep it in the car very often (don't need anyone trying to break in, and tbh I wasn't a fan of sticking stuff to the windscreen to begin with when I got the car and fitted an OEM in-dash sat-nav unit/DVD player).

/Thinking out loud.

Great quality and good mounting options.. I'm tempted :)

I wonder if I could raise the passenger headrest and clamp it onto the exposed metal bars, possibly too far back. Or perhaps it can somehow clamp behind the rear-view mirror. I'll see what else I can find on it ;)