We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

just bought TDU, but I'm needing a lil help

steeda0129

Hey everyone, I got a little bit of a problem, don't think its normal. I bought TDU from Amazon,, downloaded it,, installed fine. The problem I'm having is that as I rent the car, money just dissapears, so by the time I go buy the first house, I don't have enough. Sometimes I might just have enough to buy the house, but not enough to buy the first car. So basically leaves me stuck. I have no idea what this could be.

Anyways, so after some reading, I download the first patch which was the 1.66,, still had the problem,, so then i bought n downloaded the megacar pack,, still same problem,, then i updated to 1.68b,, still having problems,,, but interestingly,, i was able to download and install tropical paradise ok with no problems,, even installed the magicmap ,,, still, I don't know whats wrong,, if anybody can throw out some ideas or what not, i would greatly appreciate it,, thanks.

A little bit frustrated with this,, I wanted to get TDU2, but because I never played the first one, I figured let me get myself acquainted,, almost starting to feel like a mistake. Can't bypass renting to buying first car,, As i drive to the realestate office, it shows I have money minus the rental,, roughly 199, but as I enter the realestate office,, the money drops significantly,, sometimes not even able to buy a house. And if i have enough to buy the house i dont' have enough to buy a first car.

I figured out how to download other users saved files,, and I tried them,, but I dont' want to pick up half way thru a game, I'd like to start from scratch atleast and work my way up.

Here's that thread I was talking about:

Digital version - Not enough money to buy first house and car - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

I don't condone hacking, but in this instance where the game is obviously glitched and leaves you with nothing else to do, I know what I'd be doing.

No I don't condone hacking either. I read thru that post and its the same problem I've been having,,however it appears that the direct2drive version doesn't have this problem,, I contacted amazon about the problem i was having and they said the game was temporarily unavailable because it was having problems, they even offered a full refund,,, i mean it was only $10 but its the principle. Anyways' am just debating whether to just get a CD or try the D2D download. I really appreciate all the help guys,, thanks.

I'd get the DVD version, since I've heard a number of other issues with the download version when it comes to activating and Securom. Just avoid Digital River at all costs though. :)

Good to hear Amazon were able to refund you.

Wanted to give everyone an update,, maybe i can get some ideas or help with this,,,

Ok so I unistalled the electronic download version and installed the cd version fine. Downloaded all the patches,, even the illusion island,, so I start the game, and same thing is happening,, I go rent a car,, when i'm driving it shows i have $199xxx funds,, when i go to buy the first house,, money still dissapears,,,,,ok,, so i reinstalled the CD version, no patches,, and its still doing the same thing,, no money to buy a house or a car,, I normally have a lot of patience, but this is wearing it pretty thin now,,,its gotta be some file or something, does anybody have any ideas,, or will I just have to download sm1 else's save file,, any ideas????

update,,, there are 2 files in the c drive,,, you have to delete those after unistalling the game,, but now it works and am not losing money,, i could write a book on this lol