We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hi I'm New

Prads

Hello everyone, my name is Prads and I am a Computer Science student. I like programming and I make small softwares when I have free time. Right now I am working on this project called Seam Racing and it's a drag racing game. It's my first 3D game I have ever wrote so it's not that big or realistic but I am doing it for fun. When I am finished with the game I will release it as a freeware and maybe open source in the future.

I have finished programming most of the part, and also sound code are almost completed. But the problem is that I can't find good car engine sound for my game. I tried extracting some sounds from youtube video but most of them were very bad quality and it was very hard to loop them seamlessly. I have been searching on the internet for 4 days now and I found this website. I extracted some of the wav files from the mods that were created by some members of this forum and they were very good. I edited them a bit and made them loop seamlessly (well almost seamlessly. LOL) and they sound good in my game too.

So, I was just wondering if I could use those sounds in my game. I can put the persons name on the credits page of the game saying "Sound effect for <car name> was created by <name of the creator>" or something like that.

Thank you!

Thanks! Yeah, I have PMed some modders and right now fingers crossed. lol

EDIT: Here are couple of picures of the game during developing stage. These were taken some months ago:

sr4.jpg

sr3.jpg

Game will be released with 4 cars: Mazda Rx-8, Viper SRT-10, Porsche 911 GT3 and Corvette Z06 and 3 tracks. Cars and tracks will be addable so more will be released after I release the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...