We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[SANTA CLAUS]Patch and Ozzmcom's FSX Thread

Fear Deer

Hello Helloooo!!

To celebrate the start of an excellent (or not) thread, i shall present you with a video of the PMDG 737 NGX

Please enjoy ;D

Patch's videos!

PMDG 737 NGX landing Porto Airport

Embraer 195 Landing Madrid airport.

I was a bit left of the runway when i landed..sorry for that.

Holy Sexy!! PMDG 737 NGX Transavia landing at Porto LPPR airport

Epic FSX Combination!! Aerosoft Lisbon X with PMDG 737 NGX KLM !! Landing in lisbon!

PMDG 737 NGX FSX REX ENB Series Aerosoft Lisbon Takeoff Madrid Landing

PMDG FSX Movie KLM Boeing 737 with REX landing LISBOA Airport

Night Landing Kiev Iberia Boeing 747 400 FSX PMDG 747X

FSX Film...Smoking prohibited (...)

Transavia 737 Madeira 05 Landing Lisbon Takeoff PMDG 737 NGX FSX REX Overdrive

Good Landing at Millan Alitalia Embraer ERj 145

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKGcfw2XR0Q

OzzmCom's videos:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
nice landing , I asume you don't use the autoland system tho

Of course not Ozz :) ILS CAT III auto landing is only permitted on special conditions, and when approved by ATC, it was an ILS CAT II landing, and it wasnt a very good landing at my view though, i have already done much much better. Thank you anyways.

are you flying in IVAO patch?

Why not making an IVAO tdu-c fight?

Yep i fly in IvAO, well..what do you mean? a TDU-C IvAO VA..well im going to join one soon, thus, to register a VA on IvAO one needs to be ADC (not sure if private pilot works too, but i failed the advanced pilot theory exam for 1 question only :cry: ) And one also needs to be 18 to do so.

I am a controller and a pilot in ivao =)

Of course not Ozz :) ILS CAT III auto landing is only permitted on special conditions, and when approved by ATC, it was an ILS CAT II landing, and it wasnt a very good landing at my view though, i have already done much much better. Thank you anyways.

I don't know I've always found landing the 747 to be quite hard , the damn thing wouldn't response quick enough you need a bit of practice.

just descend on the glidepath, and do like a real pilot, keep an eye onto the PFD (ofc with realist, like the PMDG) to see ur altitude >ABOVE THE GROUND< so you can make a good flare and touchdown =)

Im a 737 flyer, aint flown a 747 in months before that video, but was expecting to do much better on the landing

yeah the glide is great up to the point where you have to turn it off and deal with the wind yourself just before the landing , then I mess it up :P. Also I've got a question about the 737, I can't seem to activate VNAV before I hit something like 5000ft. Or do you activate that after the first fix? ( LNAV is already active while taking off)

dont activate LNAV after takeoff =)

check the VNAV page on the FMC, see the T/O page, see whats there that might not allow it to be connected, also, check the LEGS page, see the constraits on the altitudes on the waypoints, and check on the MCP if you have the altitude set for something over ur altitude, you can set for ur cruise altitude if ur cleared above the initial level and it will follow the constraints.

What i do (was told by a guy who has contact with irl 737 pilots) is takeoff, set the MCP SPD as V2+10, and as soon as i takeoff, have initial level on the MCP, i hit LVL CHG and CMD A, and if u still have manual cnotrol of throttles hit N1 button. Then once i hit my first waypoint/fix, i hit VNAV/LNAV..well as for VNAV it depends of what i get form the ATC, same for LNAV; but if its a SID departure, then yea its what i do =)

thanks for the help , you'd be amazed how many people don't use the lvl chg which I always do. N1 becomes active automatically after you hit it I think. When you say if you have the altitude set for something over your altitude , do you mean the transition altitude or the cruising level? I can still activate it while climbing but after a certain point. I always took off with LNAV on or HDG at least :P

I mean, have your initial level on the MCP (you are advised of it by Ivao controllers, if not you can ask, but its on charts, departure ones, and if there is none, just set your MCP to your CRZ alt or to your cleared atc altitude, and just hit VNAV =) )

sorry for being such a n00b I haven't played fsx in a while , a flight takes quite a bit of time xD

That's what I usually do , I have my altitude level always set on planned cruising level on the mcp but I saw few people taking off with vnav and lnav active rather than activating after the first waypoint.

im not a real pilot with a type rating on a 737 so i can not give you statements with 100% reason but according to some sources i have which are friends with real pilots, thats not the correct way :P

Well..it depends, if ATC clears you for a SID, for example MANI3S, you use Lnav as soon as you are about to initiate the first turn, or as soon as you have positive rate, if you are cleared for a fix, like MANIK instead of using SID, you do the same, if you are cleared departure runway heading, you fly runway heading with the aircraft on HDG hold.

Depends on the clearance, imagining your callsign is OZC121 and you request takeoff from porto LPPR airport to Lisboa LPPT airport from stand S10 (not sure if that stand exists, imagining)

If the clearance is, Oscar Zulu Charlie 121, clear to lisboa as filed (on the flightplan), after takeoff maintain runway heading expect initial level 5000FT, report when ready for push and start

you maintain runway heading after takeoff =)