We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Endurance Race this Saturday!

Prophecy

Which track?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which track?

• Trial Mountain
    • Deep Forest
    • Eiger Norwand
    • Grand Valley
    • Suzuka
    • Laguna Seca
    • Nurburgring GP/F

Hey everyone, just letting you all know that your ALL invited to a race im holding on Saturday the 1st of October. As the title suggests, it will be an endurance race.

Getting the time the race starts is going to be the hardest bit... 10 AM AEST is midnight GMT, so if you can help me work out what time suits everyone using those 2 figures (or research of your own...) that'd be great.

Regulations are pretty much a guide more than limitations in this instance. Trying to keep the cars street/track spec, so PP limit of 575, sports tyres only, no racing gearbox (go nuts with clutch, flywheel etc), and unless you think its too limiting, no racing suspension (fixed sport/height adjustible are fine).

One key thing to really sort the strategists from the sprint racers will be that you MUST- MUST- use soft, intermediate and hard compound tyres. (the way to do this with the least amount of stops is to have all 4 tyres the same compound at a time).

The race itself is probably going to be 2 hours or more, but whether its determined by laps or a countdown timer is to be discussed.

Track is still undecided, but I was thinking because the F1 is at Suzuka the following weekend and it has the option of dynamic weather, why not there?

So get involved, the more in the race the more fun it will be! Open to any skill level.

Uhhh yeah, so the game will take care of prize money on its own, but i was thinking that 1st prize could recieve gold chrome paint, 2nd regular chrome paint, and 3rd matte black? I'll put up the matte black, but I havent got the other 2, so i'd have to ask someone(s) to donate them.

I think qualifying could add a whole new dimension to this. Times would be set in the pre race practice mode, your best lap of 10 or something (we can decide on a figure later) would be submitted to me via msn or a personal message on psn and the grid would be ordered from fastest to slowest accordingly. Then an extra lap would be added to the counter (say 91 instead of 90) so that theres an out lap to warm the tyres, then we form the grid at the end of the lap again based on qualifiying times. The only tricky part of that is getting the start on time... But that can be easily fixed if we do a rolling start.

Well I don't, but I do watch the celebraty game and the Grand Final. I guess since you're not in Melbourne.... :p

In my experience the best time is around 8.30pm local which is about 10.30am British SUmmer Time (I think). Those Europeans like their sleep-ins, too. Works pretyt good for my events, the only disadvantage being I'm a bit more tired by then. Also, daylight savings (starts for us this Sunday, finishes for them who-knows-when) makes things very confusing around this time of year when converting timezones. I personally add London and New York as secondary clocks in Windows 7 to help keep track.

You don't think you are limiting what parts your cars must have? I mean... 575pp is kind of a high pp, a full tuned NSX will not be able to get such pp. Other point is, how you will control that someone is not using racing gearbox or racing suspension?

If i may... i think you should open for every kind of tuning, limit the pp yes, but open the tuning parts. It is more easy you buy them for your car than you ask everyone to not buy.

Oh yes good point, forgot to mention no race cars- that includes no race mod cars.

edit:

Since I cant find any way to add a poll, here.

Vote for the track you want:

Trial Mountain-

Deep Forest-

Eiger Norwand-

Grand Valley-

Suzuka-

Laguna Seca-

Nurburgring GP/F-

This poll will be updated as the votes come in.

The PP limit is undecided, it will be lower than 575, but it will depend on the track.

Thanks Ryzza. The thing is, Milli, the cars are supposed to be moderately tuned track based cars- not race cars, or even high end tuner cars. Yes it cant really be regulated, but I think that there has to be some trust in people here. I am going to trust that entrants do the right thing and abide by the rules.

I've reconsidered the gold chrome/silver chrome/matte black prizes, the only prize will be the money from the race, and maybe a car to the winner- not sure which car, but as we all know, this game is stupid- you cant gift cars worth more than $1 million.

Because an gearbox that can be edited and a suspension that can be edited will make a car less tuned. Flywheel, clutch, and pretty much the whole rest is already hard tuning. I am sorry Matt, but i don't see the point. Depending on the car, the suspension can make it 1 second faster, if much, and the gear is just top speed adjust. The real difference is on the other parts, like flywheel, driveshaft, LSD, etc...