We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Custom Specs Problem

Jacques

Can someone please tell me what I need to edit when I make a car's rpm higher because when I take, let's say the Challenger's rpm from 5000-6000 I can't drive the car in auto because the gears won't change. I test the cars in auto because this affects the AI as well and it's annoying if you're in a race and the AI stays in 1st gear. I really need help with this because I've tried everything from Inertia to Acceleration and I'm out of ideas.:mad:

Ok so I figured this out. I can tune any car, rpm, gearbox type, ratios, bhp, but as soon as I edit a muscle car (old), I have this problem. The gear ratios shorten no matter what I do, the car won't auto shift, even if I copy another car's physics it doesn't matter, it stays exactly the same, top speed of just over 240, no auto shifting. I tried everything and funny enough I never used to have this problem before. If there is anybody out there who can help me I'd appreciate it. I tried to contact Dredgy but got no reply.

Hey guys, I posted a few threads about this problem but now I've figured something out. When I make a muscle car's rpm higher, the gear ratios shorten, no matter how I set it, it stays the same and I can only get just over 240km/h out of it. Not only that, the car won't auto change gears and that affects the AI. I can do the Skyline and it works, Ferrari, Lambo, except the Miura Concept but that's fine. If I remember correctly I never really had this problem with the older TDUPE and I downloaded it again and it keeps telling me the database cannot be found and Directory settings are correct. If anyone knows what I must edit with the rpm for the gears to work correctly please let me know.