We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Scoob's Rainmeter Skins

ScoobSTi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This skin has tons of potential! I have an old android gingerbread themed rainmeter set. It's been quite useful for me. I use it with Objectdock (as a taskbar and system tray) to replace the stock windows taskbar. I love it, but I'm looking to get an updated one. Hence, why/how I found your project. If you need any help that isn't on the rainmeter side, I'd be glad to help. I own a Jelly Bean tablet and have quite an extensive knowledge of how Android works. I could give you any Android related information/images/files/ that you might need for your skin suite. I can already think of some things that I could help you with.

Also, I use a program called WinLaunch that I use as a sort of app launcher similar to the app drawer. It's iOS themed, but I think it would be a great replacement for the app drawer skin. Personally, I might replace the drawer skin with this program, since app launchers via rainmeter are usually pretty sucky ;) I believe it's pretty easy too. I just need to execute the path.

This skin has tons of potential! I have an old android gingerbread themed rainmeter set. It's been quite useful for me. I use it with Objectdock (as a taskbar and system tray) to replace the stock windows taskbar. I love it, but I'm looking to get an updated one. Hence, why/how I found your project. If you need any help that isn't on the rainmeter side, I'd be glad to help. I own a Jelly Bean tablet and have quite an extensive knowledge of how Android works. I could give you any Android related information/images/files/ that you might need for your skin suite. I can already think of some things that I could help you with.

Also, I use a program called WinLaunch that I use as a sort of app launcher similar to the app drawer. It's iOS themed, but I think it would be a great replacement for the app drawer skin. Personally, I might replace the drawer skin with this program, since app launchers via rainmeter are usually pretty sucky ;) I believe it's pretty easy too. I just need to execute the path.

Thanks! I never thought about using ObjectDock or even RocketDock, probably because I forgot they existed. :hmmm: I think it would be a nice alternative, so I'll look into making skins/icon packs (released with this skin together, maybe) for those as well. I have done it before, so it shouldn't be so hard. Also, any help for this skin would be deeply appreciated! :D

I guess since WinLaunch allows themes (I don't know how extensive the themes can go since I never used it), maybe I could also use that as another alternative. The only downside is that I don't think WinLaunch will allow the features I want that I'm putting in the RM skin. ;)

I guess since WinLaunch allows themes (I don't know how extensive the themes can go since I never used it)

WinLaunch has custom themes for: the background icon of a folder, the background of an open folder (think iOS folder), the small icon to remove a shortcut, and a custom wallpaper that's independent of your desktop (somebody could create a background that looks like an app drawer).

You could make it look a little like the Jelly Bean app drawer. But you can't change the iOS-style folders or add tabs or anything else.

It was just a thought. I may or may not still use winlaunch after I start using your theme. If I really want to use it, I'll just do this:

LeftMouseUpAction= !execute["<file path>\winlaunch_0_4_5_2___mac_launchpad_for_windows_by_mrc0rrupted-d4ldftg\x64(64bit)\WinLaunch Starter.exe"]

It's what I did with one the skins I'm currently using.

Anyways, I'll gladly help you with as much as I can. Just name it :)

WinLaunch doesn't allow the things I want, so I probably won't include it with the skin. I might just make a RocketDock theme for the dock with the proper Android icons and set the path to my apps skin.

And as for the help, I'll probably just need a bunch of screenshots. My reference folder has about 50 images so far. :) I'll PM you any specifics. Don't want to keep "spamming" this thread when people would rather see the finished product.

I'm about to start wrapping up the current code and put it in a beta version for people to try out, so if you're interested, please PM me!

Edit: Note: If you want it, you're going to have to talk to me a lot. :cheeky:

I'd gladly give you pictures/videos about Android. I guess I could create a sort of 'index' of how things are supposed to look. That could help you get your skin proportions and any animations right.

I've sent you a PM. :)

While steam is re-installing... I'm providing some screenshots of the requested UI elements.

*Note that all of the screenshots are in horizontal mode, as that is the closest I can get to the dimensions of an actual computer monitor.

Here is a picture of how the tabs should look in the app drawer. The actual drawer itself is a bit awry. I use a different launcher as my daily driver which has a weird (and mostly ignored/unused) tab design.

[ATTACH]18236[/ATTACH]

Here is the app drawer that I actually use. It's dimensions are quiet satisfactory. Ignore the tab design though; it sucks.

[ATTACH]18237[/ATTACH]

This is what the widget drawer looks like.

[ATTACH]18238[/ATTACH]

When there isn't a max amount of widgets in one page:

[ATTACH]18239[/ATTACH]

I had the wallpaper visibility a little too high in the app drawer. I think that the wallpaper should be a little darker:confused:

This is the notification drop-down in horizontal mode.

[ATTACH]18240[/ATTACH]

I hope this helps. If you want more detail, feel free to ask.

[edit]

Also, I'd like to beta test it. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks! I've uploaded a changelog on Drive so you could check that out too. Some of the issues I know about already, so if I fix them, they will be mentioned on the changelog. There will be an update soon, so don't get used to this version just yet.

I should update the thread's viewers. Gonna be 1 month soon. :(

I was just wondering because I can't really test anything until' that's out of the way. I'm not rushing you.

Also, have you seen the new toggle feature for 4.2 Jellybean tablets? There's an extra pull-down on the right side of the monitor that gives extra toggles like brightness, wifi, bluetooth, etc... not to mention that it can be used to switch users. I think that could be a very functional skin for a computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. :D

So far, it looks like my Christmas release date might be on time. I'm not 100% sure yet, but with all the new stuff I've been adding over the past few days, the future is looking bright. :) I don't want to update this thread, because I want to keep them as a surprise. Obviously, when I release the skin, I will tell you guys first. Rainmeter and DeviantArt will find out after. ;)

Good news. :D

So far, it looks like my Christmas release date might be on time. I'm not 100% sure yet, but with all the new stuff I've been adding over the past few days, the future is looking bright. :) I don't want to update this thread, because I want to keep them as a surprise. Obviously, when I release the skin, I will tell you guys first. Rainmeter and DeviantArt will find out after. ;)

Christmas is here, in my heart! i cannot wait to get this, will make 2012 memorable!!

UPDATE:

MERRY CHRISTMAS! any news about this yet?

your right about it being dreadful, u have no idea how obsessed about it for some reason. i am. checking in daily lol im glad i got a response and now i at least know when its coming. im exactly the same, quality over quantity. WIll it be released here on this forum or somewhere else? whats is the name of the theme just to make it easier for me to find if need be.:)

Really really really really REALLY almost done! :panic: Few more skins to fix up. :headbang:

---------- Post added at 9:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:06 PM ----------

Ok guys, good news and bad news. Good news first.

Currently in the process of uploading on DeviantArt! Check the link in my sig so you'll be the first to know. :)

And now the bad news.

So, in order to release today, I had to cut out a big feature of the skin, which were the desktop icons. I was only about halfway done with them, so I decided it'd be better to take them out as a whole, than to leave half of them in. I'm not Atari. :p

They will come back in the next skin update, so don't worry about it.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:36 PM ----------

Released! :) Enjoy it guys. Really hope you love it.

Sorry for doubletriplequad post.

Yes, Windows 7 and above. You could try Vista and XP, as long as the resolution is big, but it won't be pretty. The reason why it's officially 7 and above is because some Rainmeter plugins that the skin uses only works with 7, so XP and Vista will be missing some functionality.