We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cycling

Emir13

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's looking good and new :)

I like this thread, we can make so much more out of it.

Tomorrow or so will probably be taking mine to the mechanic, as I do frequently, but besides a tune-up, need a new speedometer (mine took the crap), a new front tyre, and a camera stand, as I want to record some trips, we should post here some videos of us cycling :)

Anyways I need sugestions, on tyres.

I have a Continental Mountain King 2.2 as my front tyre (as you can see on my pics), still the first one. Had one of those too as the rear tyre, originally, my 2nd rear tyre was the same, but now, as a third tyre, the mechanic sold me a Kenda tyre, saying it would be better than the Continental one..

I don't really like the Kenda though, unsure as to which one it is. He doesn't sell Continental anymore, and I prefer buying tyres from that bike shop, and have them installed by the mechanic, since I can also get a tune up on the bike.

So what can you sugest? The Kenda tire has a lot more drag than the Continental tyre, which had great grip with very little drag for a mountain tyre.

Wouldn't mind having a more street like tyre, but wouldn't the bike feel bad with a mountain tyre on the rear and a not so mountain tyre on the front :p

Help please!

A helmet saved me from getting a rock lodged in my skull and so I definitely agree with what's been said regarding them :P

Biking used to be one of my favourite thingst to do, especially as I live in a nice area for it, but I haven't done it properly for so long. When uni's over ;)

Geax Mezcal Tubless[/url]

I don't have experience with Schwalbe, but Geax Mezcal Tubeless are solid my friend used it. KGB's are best for mountains and u have a lot of them (from 10 to 250€, believe it or not). I use KryptonX which are pretty good and i am happy with them :)

I know literally crap about bike tires, but my dad have got some Panaracers on his two bikes (he's got an MTB and a carbon road bike) and me as well. Try to ask about them, patch. :hmmm:

@videos: Each year, my dad (again :p) and his friends do a sort of European trip. They've been to Slovenia, Austria, Italy and whereever the Alps are and they've got loads of footage, too. If you are interested in some pics of Alps, I'll look into the PC and upload a few photos or videos. I don't want to turn this into MTB trips of Apu's dad thread, but as my dad loves cycling and you guys too I think I could find some spare time to upload them. :)

I know literally crap about bike tires, but my dad have got some Panaracers on his two bikes (he's got an MTB and a carbon road bike) and me as well. Try to ask about them, patch. :hmmm:

@videos: Each year, my dad (again :p) and his friends do a sort of European trip. They've been to Slovenia, Austria, Italy and whereever the Alps are and they've got loads of footage, too. If you are interested in some pics of Alps, I'll look into the PC and upload a few photos or videos. I don't want to turn this into MTB trips of Apu's dad thread, but as my dad loves cycling and you guys too I think I could find some spare time to upload them. :)

Don't make us ask :evil:

Also Emir, So if I get the Mezcal tubeless, I'll get quality material? I'll trust you on this one mate!

Alright ^.^ I'll report when I get it back, should be 1 week without my bike.

God damnit speedometers, I'm already on my 2nd one >.<

So this is what I'll probably be getting:

Bolsa de Selin M-Wave

Conta Km Sigma BC-1609

Geax Mezcal Tubless

A new bike by Drossiger (my bike's brand) can be better than mine and cheaper, although mine was not expensive next to other drossigers,

as mine does not have disc brakes, but I really love my bike, and I prefer treating it and maintaining it than getting a new one, I really love my bike.

Thought about getting disc brakes, but i'd need a new wheel for that, and my brakes are great and very efficient, one of the best non disc brakes out there.

I hope my bike likes the treats I give her :)

Ok, the mechanic got my speedometer working again, so did not spend money on a new one, but instead, spent it (was cheaper though) on a phone bag for the phone :)

Unfortunately, it won't work if I want to record, unless I want to show my tyre only :( Still need to find a way to record with my phone..sugestions?

The mezcal tire is great in dry surfaces, they are semi-slick, and they guarantee great grip during turns due to their bumps on the most outer part.

However, with wet road, the tyre just slips around, causing me understeer.

The mezcal tire is 26*1.9, it's my front tyre; whilst my rear tyre, kenda something is 26*2.2

What would be the advantages of using the mezcal as the rear tyre, if there are any? Probably less understeer with wet surface..but that is not very important for me, as I mostly ride when the road is dry, and if it's not, i'll just go slower and be more careful.

So, I ended up buying a little bag that is placed under the seat, the phone bag, and the tyre.

Pics of my bike as is:

2n7pjed.jpg

2cwr24l.jpg

p4t4n.jpg

x1y5gh.jpg

25tb8gj.jpg

35jyreu.jpg

10y0751.jpg

A slippery front tyre in the wet will cause me to fall if i'm not careful, as it doesn't make the bike turn, but instead tip over :p Handles like a kart on wet track, but with less balance :lol:

And unfortunately no can do about the phone holder, as the phone holder base is supposed to be mounted on the direction box (direct translation from ptguese, not sure if that's the english expression), as it's made to fit between the box's rings and to be screwed with the top screw of the direction box :(

Wanted to record around 1hr of bike riding :)

Hm... rain broke my plans, so I took small trip ( about 10 kms ) around my city and 1 village near my city :) I hope you like these pics

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- - Bridge that connect old with new town (:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- - Church

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- Mosque

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) -- :D

• 3 weeks later...

:bump:

On Sunday I went for a little trip with dad. It was our 2nd one this year, the first was on the New Year's Eve. Didn't have my phone with me, so no pics and I don't even remember the distance.

Today we went again out with two of his friends. They go every Friday, starting in May, so this was rather a "pre-tour" (usually a group of ten men) or whatever do you call it. As we live almost under the not-so high local mountains (I hate mountains btw), you practically have no choice but ride in the woods and fields.

Total distance: 30.09 km

Average speed: 19.2 km/h

Total time: 1h 32 min

^ Dad got a puncture.