We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

First Cruise for TDU Central Forums

Nipper

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea thats alright diablo

but im afraid i wont be able to make it as my TV has broken :(

basically the scart socket on the back has come out, and im not an expert but i know thats not good

so i am going into town tomorrow and buying a 19" LCD HD TV to replace it

so if you dont mind diablo can you take over as i have no other TVs that are new enough apart from my parents in the front room (not allowed to use it that early grrr) to work the scart stuff, ie they dont have a scart connection

sorry

@ Diablo do you want me to update the first post or do you want to do it?(i think you can)

sods law on the timing indeed, but TBH its been loose for a while now, will be back tomorrow hopefully in HD glorified goodness :D

i may be down but im certainly not out

post pics of how it was ok

also, the route i had planned goes from the merc dealer to the south east lighthouse (demo area)

then through the city at low speeds and on to the track for a few laps

after that i was gonna head up to the north west lighthouse, then back to the dealer

after that it was gonna be officially over, but i was gonna stick around with those who wanted to

:D

i know its a long route but its to celebrate the long life of a great forum

i tried jamming the scart socket back in and rewiring it back together again, it erm, well.... sorta works, well i get sound from the right speaker

nipper if you can make it then do it mate, you know these roads hell of a well and it would be strange not having the first member at the first cruise.

still fiddling mate, i no longer get the right speaker sounds:oops:

this is driving me :taz:

EDIT: if you have a loose SCART socket on your TV either get a new TV ASAP, or dont yank at it, thats the lesson i have learnt from today

i would have put it through the ariel socket, but i dont have a SCART to ariel lead

I don't think it was your fault or anyone's it seems the servers are maybe being worked on or something, it was fun and I'll get some screens and photo's up later or tomorrow.

Sorry about the hassle, the delay, the annoyances etc. Wasn't exactly what was intended, hopefully this wasn't a case of start as you mean to go on. lol

was good, got my new TV now too WOOO

so hopefully no more dodgy SCART connections

only thing i gotta worry about is gettin all the cables in the right places(no SCART socket required for the HD bit), although i seemed to have ended up with a yellow plug that dont go nowhere????

is that normal???

was good, got my new TV now too WOOO

so hopefully no more dodgy SCART connections

only thing i gotta worry about is gettin all the cables in the right places(no SCART socket required for the HD bit), although i seemed to have ended up with a yellow plug that dont go nowhere????

is that normal???

That would be right Nipper, that is for a composite output to a TV that does not support HD, you dont need it just tuck it out of the way somewhere, or leave it hanging out of the bottom like it is on my one, lol.

Have HD fun mate.

That would be right Nipper, that is for a composite output to a TV that does not support HD, you dont need it just tuck it out of the way somewhere, or leave it hanging out of the bottom like it is on my one, lol.

Have HD fun mate.

glad we got that one sorted, its actually plugged into the SCART bit in the SCART socket so its connected but not really :chairfall: