We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Lan Party

Gareth_25

I know this may be something nobody here is interested in, but my friend here in Cardiff is organising a PC lan party for April 3rd.

Games are not confirmed yet but will most likely include:

• Age of Empires 2
  • Battlefield 2
  • Command and Conquer Generals
  • Counter Strike: Source
  • UT 2004

Game discs will not be required as this would be provided, as would any networking hardware, but a fairly modern (at least one capable of playing UT04) would be required to be brought.

We originally had planned to have a lan party, but a venue was always a problem. This has since been sorted, but means everyone who participates needs to be over 18 - As the venue is a trendy Wetherspoons "Lloyds No.1" Pub in Cardiff, close to our central train station

As i'm just trying to help my friend with a little promotion of this, but if anyone wants to come, it would be great!

whats this lan party thing, what do you do

Basically it would proberly be a large hall, everybody who has turned up , sets their computers up in the hall , and plays against everyone else in the hall (LocalAreaNetwork) , sometimes they may play sepretly , for instance when i used to play UT99 (addicted) many of the people i played with in clan matches was at LAN partys.

alrite, sounds a bit weird. why not just play in the comport of your own home againts online people and friends

More sociable i guess, you get too meet the people youve been playing with online. Clans have lan partys, my UT99 clan had a few , never went too one like cause i was way too young and they were hosted in sweeden most of the time :whistling:

Well essentially, it's a gathering of people in a confined space playing PC games. In this occation the venue is a lot better than most as we've reserved the first floor of the Wetherspoons Pub/Club. It's about meeting new people, challenging real faces and having a good time about it all.

Essentially, we have 13 people coming so far, and looking to reach out and get about double that number, and just wanted to know if the good people at TDU Central would be interested.

lol maybe for the same reasons you go out at night with friends, instead of drinking home alone :P

Human beings like to be together!

Yeh you have a point there, but i dont think its for me, sounds like a laugh, theres a place in dublin where you can go to play online, pretty good, you pay every hour