We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What's going on!?

Eudemon

Being a mod at the Atari UK boards you get your fair share of having to speak up for Atari and Eden and the way in which they are informing the community of what's going on, but looking around at many forums I can see huge amounts of people are getting "sick of the lack of information" and "complete lack and disregard for their customers" which I can understand. There is also talk of them performing false advertising and misleading people as well as Microsoft because of the info on their websites. Not to mention the photo upload and such, this game is losing people everyday there is nothing said.

This is a great game and you have a lot of fun with friends or just cruising or racing but there's only so much people will take and if anything, if it continues it's going to leave a very bad taste in people' mouths towards Atari and/or Eden.

So I ask you, how close are you to saying enough is enough or are you one of these people kind of like myself who have been waiting for a game like this for ages and can see past it's faults but are still disappointed at the non-delivered promises?

Please keep your post civil and constructive, I really want to see just how the community is responding to this.

Well mate,

All I can say is that TDU is now only getting into the 360 every other day and thats only to see if HC mode is there. Tonight if there is no HC or DLC, NFSC is going to get played. On top of that when Forza 2 hits I don't think I will be on TDU for at leasta month or two.

I am totally sick of there lack of information, the complete disregard for their so called "monthly DLC" and the basic lack of respect for there customers

To be totally honest i dont care anymore...I have given up on waiting for Patches/DLC's Purely for the lack of information we have been given....

I have asked soo many times if we are actually going to be getting a DLC and not a single person from Atari/Eden has replied to it...

I Feel like one of those Bank adverts...."Great Deals for New customers, The old ones have to stick with what they have got". IMO they really have been Neglecting their Existing customers which i dont think will help them IF TDU2 comes out.

I Am With Neil on this one. When FM2 comes out TDU Will be gathering dust unless they Bump up their game.

I dont mind the delays but all they have to do is just keep us infromed of when the download will be out, i dont think i will say enough is enough as i have waited for an awsome game like this for so many years and to say no to it wouldn't be right.

All i would ask is to just keep us informed and i'll be happy

I dont mind the delays but all they have to do is just keep us infromed of when the download will be out, i dont think i will say enough is enough as i have waited for an awsome game like this for so many years and to say no to it wouldn't be right.

All i would ask is to just keep us informed and i'll be happy

My sentiments entirely, well said.

Well, I dont really see the problem, Im playing without any updates at all cos my broadband is on the blink but im still enjoying the game, whats with all the complaning and whining, jus d/l the stuff when its released if its released and for now, jus keep driving...

Well, I dont really see the problem, Im playing without any updates at all cos my broadband is on the blink but im still enjoying the game, whats with all the complaning and whining, jus d/l the stuff when its released if its released and for now, jus keep driving...
Fair point and welcome to the board, what the people who are going on about this are mainly annoyed at is; the lack of communication and the non-fulfilment of promised features and addons that are to some key points for the purchase of this game. For example monthly DLC, when you see this you think there's new cars coming monthly which adds more longevity to the game. You also have the players who use TDU to just chill with friends and just want to try something new and new content keeps them well chuffed.

I think it's all mainly to do with the typical view that all multiplayer online games now have added features and content within a few months of release and if the game stays the same for a prolonged period of time then it loses it's charm but as soon as something new even as simple as car or a map is released, more players jump back on and even more games are sold because of friends' word of mouth and also it shows the developer/publisher want to please it's customers by sustaining their game purchase for as long as possible whereas before people would play, trade and be onto another game within a few months.

It's just the way gaming has progressed as well as the impatience of the new generation of gamers who expect and even sometimes demand it.

to be honest, as they say 'ignorance is bliss'

im starting to ignore atari alltogether. if i dont read the promises, they're not broken. as it stands the game is still a good experience, and i do not mind lack of information, as im past the point of caring. the DLC/patch will make the game better, but its still pretty good right now

Information from Atari will be getting better and better over the coming months, I have spoken to The_Mole and they have some big ideas for the community and the fact that they are in fact in charge of this aspect and Atari is open to The_Mole' idea means things will improve dramatically.

The_Mole is determined to do their job right and has the communities best interest's in mind.

Personally I'm not all to bothered by this, the longe Atari wait the Closer Forza 2 Gets!

:excited: Just like myself...lol

I'm not overly excited with TDU to be honest, but since I have the game in my collection I will see what I can get with achievements etc, then I'm devoting my free-time to FM2 when that arrives.....:monkeydance:

Typical eh? I post about Atari wanting to improve it's image within the community and they go ahead and announce what once was free with a premium is actually now premium with no reference to the information being 'subject to change' and the like. I am not looking to forward to the response to this over at Atari UK.

:goodnight:

I'm dissapointed in the whole thing. The game was half finished from the start, and is yet a work in progress.

Until today, I've had my hopes up for the HC mode. Instead, I'll now save my money and buy Forza 2 instead when it comes out. TDU is an awesome game, despite all it's flaws. But the attitude of Atari has totally blown me off, and I'm really surprised how bad they are managing this thing.

Try pulling some stuff like this off every time you promise something, in any typical manufacturing industry. You'd be out of costumers and broke very quickly.

I think it is worth remembering, that this game is developed by Eden Entertainment and published by Atari.

Let's give credit, where credit is due: Eden did a fabulous job with this game. Eden is continually giving the game life.

Atari is the middleman, and as such, should be eliminated from the process altogether.

Diablo. You have taken on one of the most thankless jobs in the world. I'm (As most of you know) a journalist by education. This means I have some training in Public Relations, and to be the person that has to explain why the company they work for has screwed something up through no fault of yours, is about as bad as it gets.

But, as someone once said, it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

There are a lot of things, that can be excused, and which has to be excused. This last Hardcore thing cannot and should not be excused.

They are breaking marketing laws by saying one thing and doing another. And with the track-record they have for going back on what has been said, I think this is one of the things that seriously makes people doubt what the intentions are from Atari's side.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a fool. I know they are in it to make money. But this is just too dirty. First they claim you need the Xmas-pack, then they change their mind and let you get it, even if you don't ahve the pack, then they charge you for it. And 510 MS points.

Please... This screams to high heavens.

I was shocked when I saw the following replies from the Mods on the boards:

Tenebra stopped by to wrinkle her nose at the people who are actually pointing out that laws are being broken:

" All this for 80p???

Never damn happy, are you? First complaints for the mode being restricted, then complaints for the mode being open. Please."

Understudy made it perfectly clear what he thinks of Atari's customers:

HappySpaceInvdr..... lolblue:

Oh! The Irony.... :nuts:

And my favourite:

Bye then.. :salut2:

I can understand, that being an unpaid moderator for a company that has the track-record of the one of Atari can be a hard battle at times. However there is no excuse to belittle the people and abuse your status of moderator.

In fact the behaviour of Understudy would most likely get him fired from most PR-jobs I know of and Tenebras comment would most likely get her a warning.

It's difficult not to let it get to you. You are in a position, where you feel you have to defend the company you work for.

I think it is impressive, that Diablo at least takes the time to think about these things.

My hat off to you sir.

Also my hat off to Mole, who seems to understand that what has happened is in fact not the cleverest of moves, and that some sort of compensation is due.

Let's see what will happen.

But at least now, we have this little piece of heaven, where we can discuss the wonder that is Eden's product: Test Drive Unlimited.

Cheers Eden.