We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ps3

Street Ryder

What do people here think of the PS3, anyone have it yet?

I was thinking bout getting one for the summer but am wondering id=s it worth the buy or not.

The graphics look great, i saw a demo of some boxing game in a game store, it looks real.

Its dear but i'm thinking i might just stick with Xbox as the online gaming is great and preety reliable.

Anyone have a date for the release, i know its out in America but does anyone know when it is out in Europe

It's available to pre - order at woolworths now, console 1 extra controller and 1 game bundle= £464.94 or console, 1 extra controller and 2 games is £494.64 Hope this helps and when you pre-order you must pay for it all then, theres an £8 delivery charge for home dlivery or free to any woolworths store in the uk.

march 23rd is what i have heard.

My Birthday:bananajump:Anyways I'm not buying/getting it as I really can't be asked to dish out so much money for it! I've got the TV, a 50" Sony Bravia (but Can't play unless no one is home) then I've got this 32" "Thing" which I'm gonna upgrade soon.. Still not gonna get it!

• 1 month later...

I worked at Sony for two years and quit 3 months ago (from when I was 18 ti'll 20) and I was one of the persons to test, play, and compaire the PS3's that were produced, and check for bugs.

Getting to the point ->

One day, I was doing a side-by-side comparison of Need For Speed: Carbon on the same tv using picture-picture and I found noticable differences on both systems.

For example, the PS3's had more details, but the Xbox 360's had more glossy, shinner graphics (I.E., the lights shinned bright and you could not see as much texture to the gravel, dirt, etc.)

Another thing I noticed when In a race (stand still at the starting line) was that the PS3 was actually missing some of the details on the road, the reflections, and some monuments In the background.

And one more thing I researched on. It might be surprising, but this Is Indeed true, and which I stated previously, Go with the 360.

When we broke down parts of both systems, and read the labels and so forth, a team of our employees came to the concluison that If you wanted to run an Xbox 360 game on a PS3, you would have to dumb-down the game before you could even try to run It.

That and, When setting up Xbox's Live feature, It only takes a few cables and you're done. While the PS3 want's your ISP, your IP address, your tellephone, email, etc. It's alot of work for no reason.

Its alot of money tho, its like 600 for core or whatever and if you want the full shabang its around 900, its out next week so i wonder if its going to get sold out, it prob will as all the rich people and everyone else have prob been saving up for the past year.

As you were saying Xtc, to go online having to give all the info, much easier with xbox's way

the cheaper models not available in the UK. plus why would you want the smaller one anyway ??? the extras that you get with the more expensive one more than pay for themselves

personally im gonna let the first batch get out of the way so some other poor sods can sort out the innevitable problems. then i'll get a white one when they come out :D :D

first game on my shopping list will be motorstorm... probably the best graphics ive ever seen in a driving game

• 1 month later...

Ive got one! Its mint! I bought Motorstorm and Call of Duty 3 on the release date.. one crititism is that C.O.D 3 was way too short! But motorstorm is mint, and ive also got the free demo of Gran Turismo Hd Which, to say the least is Phenominal!! *:badspelling: *

• 3 weeks later...

my opinion on a PS3

*HUHUM*

*deep breath*

the ps3 i a nice console but it is costing way too lot money, cool game's and all but it's only so expensive cuz of the blu-ray, same as a 360 but only better graphics

*applause*

*silence*

:excited:

• 2 months later...

well i have been playing a ps3 for the last 7 days i have been playing fight night round 3 on it on hd :) which is great you see the blood and all that . the xbox 360 seems to frezze everytime i play it . im not sure why . while the ps3 has been going strong so far but i recamend a hd tv to play one of these consoles . and gran terismo hd rocks !!!

i wish i had test drive for the pc already

• 1 month later...