We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Just mod TDU2, some questions

Dozer

Hey guys, just modded my TDU2 and everything works fine so far. I can launch the game via the uplauncher and runs fine. I just have some questions about modding itself. When I replace the files for a car, is that just like changing the skin of that car? I still have to purchase the car and everything in game? I haven't been playing the game very long, as I thought modding would allow me to just drive any car I wanted to...is this not correct? Can someone explain to me modding in a little more detail? Thanks!

No, modding will only change the appearance of the car, you still have to unlock it and buy it as you would with the vehicle you replaced. Simply giving yourself every car you want would fall under the cheating/hacking category (which we don't discuss here), not modding. ;)

Ahh haha okay I understand, how about the performance? Does that remain the same as the original car?

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if performance modding is possible on TDU2 just yet. It took a few years or so before the modders broke into that area of TDU1. I know there are people working on it but how far they have come and whether or not it is showing in downloadable mods yet I am going to leave unsaid.

Generally speaking No performance isnt changed. you are only replacing the 3d model of the car. Thats why you can swap an ascari for a laborghini but in the game it still says ascari.. so for 99% of the time yeah its purely just a visual change, nothing else.. HOWEVER....

SOME mods ( mainly the ones in the unofficial patch) all have their own performance settings. So yeah it has been cracked. just not that many people know how..

In regards to "will this give me access to all cars" As Andreaz has said. No it will not give access to anything new, remember you are just replacing a 3d model, not any of the other files. In fact you cannot even cheat or hack to get dlc cars.. There is a method to get any of the standard cars ( which includes all standard, racing school, traffic cars). but if its anything that requires paying real money for ( so any of the dlc cars) you cannot hack them EVER.. If you try you will get a "DLC HACK DETECTED" message appear on screen and all hacked cars will revert to pink miami mustangs.

As andreaz said we cannot discuss this method i mentioned about obtaining any of the standard, race school, traffic cars, on this site.. but remember this is not the only tdu2 site around. the "car swap" hack is discussed on a few other sites (read my sig ;) )