We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Live for speed [Most realistic racing sim EVER]

Glanzarog

got myself an license aswell and im pretty much into cruising and drifting

i recommend it for people who want to have an great driving experience !

its like real life !

tire wear, fuel, damage, car responsiveness, everything !

and also an variated garage, going from light city vehicles, to cruising vehicles to GTR's and Racing Cars (F1, Formula 3000, Karts, ...)

recommended ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got bored decided to do some shots :rolleyes:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

:thumbsup:

Edit:

Two more shots done now :)

I'm no photoshop pro so they look kind of meh :confused:

i recommend it for people who want to have an great driving experience !

its like real life !

tire wear, fuel, damage, car responsiveness, everything !

and also an variated garage, going from light city vehicles, to cruising vehicles to GTR's and Racing Cars (F1, Formula 3000, Karts, ...)

recommended ! :thumbsup:

what about the GTR series?

nice pics man :)

i got a G25 for my bday and i will be buying S2 once i get some money on my card =D

Thanks :cool: I should be getting my replacement G25 soon :D and then I can go back to LFS proper. Been trying to drift with mouse again like the good old days on the demo, except i've been failing miserably :nuts:. Oh and happy birthday, hope it wasn't to long ago otherwise i'll look like a plonker :confused:. *proceeds to check D.O.B.......:excited:*

Edit:

Forgot to put this shot up :p

Got Camber ?

Thought I would spam some more images :cheeky:. This is for the Ferrari fans. Also a little tip, don't set your brake bias to the rear to much otherwise you get oversteer going into bends :D. Also some tips for doing nice motion blur would be nice as i'm crap at it :confused:

Comments and criticism welcome

Sorry for double post mods. I don't want this thread to die :crying::cheeky:

I use the XRT or FZ50 (mainly the XRT though) and you can get drift setups from the main forum www.lfsforum.net, I use a downloaded setup with a few of my own tweaks done to it :). You can also just lower the car, stiffen the suspension and change the differential to locked and go from there but beware of understeer ;).

You can only get better :D I had trouble with going from 3rd to 2nd quickly when I first started drifting but you soon get the hang of it :). I will have to join some of you for a drift/race session one of these days :).

Done a few laps in the race cars earlier. seeing what using a mouse is like with them and it's crazy :nuts:.

All 4 wheels off the ground in the first shot but the blur makes it look like it's not :confused:

I have a few more but i've not edited them yet, so you can expect a few more later on if everyone can handle being bored by them.

man, i can only drift a teenie tiny bit!

Practice, practice and more practice is all I can say Knuckles. The more you do it the more you improve ;), I mean look at my drifting, actually don't it's pretty poor compared to others. Once i'm back playing LFS I we can go do some drifting and I can give you some basic knowledge of drifting in LFS, it won't be the best but it should get you started.

My ingame is Kelvjy and I just randomly pick any drift server :)

Edit: More random photos that I said I would put up :).

Thanks Koenig ;)

Now I have something other than photos from LFS for you, I have a video *dun dun dun*. Yes I have done a video to show me mouse drifting :nuts:. It's not a long video it's just one lap of the Ebisu West layout from a roofcam. This video will probaly be taken down after a while ;).

No cones were harmed in the making of this video.......oh wait maybe one ;), and I should also mention i've not used the mouse to drift for 5 years so don't expect awesome drifting.

I would say LFS is pretty realistic :) and I play it all the time and find it rather enjoyable, and you have to remember that it's an online racing simulator so all the action is online, so obviously this means the AI is not really up to spec with rFactor or the GTR games.

There is not really any mods available for it and any discussions of tweaking or changing body parts on cars is illegal on the official forum, but you can mod textures and skins rather easily and you make your own layouts to race/drift on.

You have to remember as well that this game is constantly being updated and is slowly but surely getting more recognition with real world manufacturers, should be getting the new VW Scirocco soon ;), and most of the cars are based on real world cars.

Here are some links you may find helpful to provide you with what you get in lfs (if you have not already seen them before).

More about the simulator

The cars and tracks

My opinion would be to get it and if you have a wheel it's even more fun.

Sorry for the long boring read, I normally just say "it's awesome" or "it's crap" so my post may look strange as I don't do this often ;).

I would say GTR and LFS are about the same, but GTR MIGHT be a little more realsitic. havnt played rFactor much, but the bit i DID play i didnt like.

All I'll say is this. rFactor and GTR games run physics off a "table" from what I have read, and from what I have played, it's awful.

LFS runs physics in real time, downforce isn't always _down_ like rFactor (so I have read several times), so if you manage to flip an F1 upside down at high speeds, it will go airborne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASdpOtFtfg