We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PlayStation 2 Trailer !

Eudemon

For what the game does and how it runs on the PS2 is actually amazing, there is no other game that has to load as many things as TDU and with the PS2's lacklustre amount of RAM it's actually very impressive what they have gotten out of it plus the PS2 is a huge market !!

Anyone notice the lights when on seem to have a source and show on the road, sounds aren't too bad either.

It is impressive for a PS2 game but I still don't see the point. They must have cut it somewhere and there not going to show that on a trailer. And yes there are alot of PS2 owners out there who will want to game but it is a bit backwards from Atari isn't it. Making a game and then making it worse.

In what way is it worse though? It is still online, it has a massive selection of cars and it's still TDU. The main difference is lack of some vehicles and graphics. I have seen many beta testers talk about how much fun TDU is for PS2 and they have the 360 version and have also beta tested the PC.

The PS2 is more pick up and play and balls to the wall from what I understand.

I know what you're saying but remember gameplay still trumps graphics. Example I'd rather play Rage Racer on PS1 than RR6 on Xbox 360 as Rage Racer is just great fun compared to RR6 imo.

They are doing it for the sales. Stop saying they're making it worse. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and 4 were for the PS2 and PS1. You get more sales, plus you satisfy a big market. I would never get an Xbox 360, but I am seriously loving the PSP version of TDU, and am so glad it exists.

The PS2 and PSP versions are good games. They aren't just toned down, they are remade by a different company for the systems they are running on.

• 16 years later...