We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DRIVECLUB's problem is its code, not the servers [GI]

Eudemon

According to a post just made on the gameinformer website DRIVECLUB's severe problems are due to the games' coding rather than a lack of servers or such. The game has been QA'd and also had a number of Betas so how did this issue - if true - manage to creep through into the final release will no doubt be one of the questions that will be asked.

French outlet Gameblog spoke with president of PlayStation France Philippe Cardon about the matter. “In the programming of the game, there was an error that prevents us from welcoming enough players at the same time,” he says. “All this is being reprogrammed, but it takes much longer than simply adding 1000, 2000, or 3000 servers.”

Sauce: Game Informer

You couldn't put this in the other thread? :oook:

I didn't think this game was 'that' excessive in its online actions. There's racing, and there's text notifs (social). Hardly different from some of the previous NFS games with their 'AutoLog' features. So where have they mucked up? The only issues I can think of are relatively elementary so I wouldn't even bother to suggest them.

driveclub's problem was its marketing. I tell you I've played this game for a good hour last week, the graphics the gameplay the sounds they are just so poor compared to the trailers, pre-release videos etc. And that car list? yeah they're getting nowhere with that. This game was overhyped like most next gen console games and that is supported by the consumers because there's nothing else descent to play yet.