We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Digitally Download TDU

Eudemon

This was posted by baker011 at the US Atari forum. (thanks to Potato1985 for the tip)

UPDATE #2:

Atari will also be running a promotion alongside the digital download launch. Each day' date=' for the first 20 days, one lucky user who purchases a copy through our digital download service will win a Logitech racing wheel for the PC. This has a street value of about $300![/quote']

UPDATE #1:

Mattlab who is in charge Digital Distribution and E-Commerce at Atari US posted more info about this and answered questions which were asked below.

You can find the post here: http://forum.testdriveunlimitedcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3152#post3152

If you dont want to wait to purchase your copy of TDU for the PC then Atari will be giving users the chance to digitally download it before the actual release date. I dont have a confirmed date for this yet but its likely to be 1-2 weeks earlier than the actual release date.

Keep checking back here and I will continue to update you guys with news and links to how to download it when I have it!

Whether this for US only or international is not yet known.

Thats pretty interesting, so what about the people that get it illegally? Won't it make there job abit easier?

but it'll probably be vitually impossible to 'hack' into this type of stuff, itll probably have impenetrable security...whatever that means!

Hi all,

Mattlab here from Atari, Inc. I am the person at Atari who is in charge of Digital Distribution and E-Commerce. I was surfing the web and found this awesome forum and just wanted to confirm what Diablo posted above. We are indeed planning on releasing Test Drive Unlimited for the PC in Digital Download format 1 - 2 weeks ahead of the retail launch of the game. Although I cannot share the exact date at this moment, I can say that it is very soon and that you should keep checking the Atari Forums for updates that I will post.

I also wanted to answer some of your questions about the download...So here it goes.

This was posted by baker011 at the US Atari forum. (thanks to Potato1985 for the tip)

Whether this for US only or international is not yet known.

Theoretically anyone anywhere can download the game. You will be able to pay for it via Credit Card, Money Order, Wire Transfer, Check, or Paypal.

maybe they'll have something like EA link

We wanted to created something relatively simple and inuative that would allow you to quickly download and play your game and that you don't have to deal with afterwords. It is not similar to EA Link our system is different.

So whats the story with this, you can download this thing and play a trial version of it before its released

When you download the game you are downloading a full version of the game that you can only play if you have paid for it. You will not be able to activate it after you download or even download it for that matter without having paid for it first.

Well instead of going to the shop and buying it , you buy it online and download it.. not that hard to understand i think. Its exactly the same as buying it on the store, but without box and cd/dvd manual etc..

It is true that it won't have a box/DVD BUT it will have a manual in one of the files that comes with the game. The manual comes in PDF format in full color so that you can print it if you wish.

Hope that clarifies some things!

Best Regards,

Mattlab

Hi there Mattlab thank you very much for signing up and clarifying exactly what is going with this Digital Download that Atari is going to be doing. Always good to hear it direct from those in the know rather than rumours or hearsay so I thank you for that.

Will definitely keep tabs on the US boards and watch for any updates on this. :D

Sounds cool, but imagine the download time of 8GB.. It would be in stores by the time you finish downloading.. But hey whatever floats your boat -.- Perhaps they will provide maximum bandwidth.. With resume support I would certainly assume. Time to visit the download time calculator to make my decision much quicker and easier ;-)

PS: Diablo - Nice vids, I've watched them all..

There could be an announcement about this in the next few hours, according to Mattlab himself he will be updating later on today. (remember US is at least 5 hours behind GMT)

Update: More info will be posted at 12AM EST (GMT-5). Hopefully Mattlab will post here also so we know exactly what's going on. :D

For those of you who missed the hidden message in my last announcement ....

Atari is pleased to announce that tonight at Midnight (Eastern Standard Time) we will be releasing a Digital Download version of Test Drive Unlimited for the PC on our US website Atari.com/us. The download link will be found on this page: http://www.atari.com/us/games/test_drive_unlimited/dvd_rom From there you will be able to get your copy of the game. This is a Digital Download so everyone from anywhere should be able to get it!

This is the final version of the game and comes with a full color PDF manual so you are not missing out on anything. The download is quick, easy, and requires a one time activation. After that point you won't even notice the difference between the download and retail versions, except that you won't need a CD of course!

Racers rev your engines because the game is coming out tonight and it's going to be a hot one!

Best Regards and Enjoy!

Mattlab

I just messed my pants... But seriously Thanks Matt!