We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Harry Shearer leaving the Simpsons

Andreas¹

I don't know how many of you watch the Simpsons. I only do occasionally (nothing-else-on-okay-then) but seeing that Harry Shearer is leaving feels very strange, he's been on there for longer than I've been alive!. He's a big part of the cast, they can't just replace him with someone else and keep all of his characters going... or can they?

Some of the characters he voiced:

- Ned Flanders

- Mr. Burns

- Smithers

- Principal Skinner

- Otto the bus driver

- many more

The Simpsons loses the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, and Principal Skinner as Harry Shearer quits | The Verge

How do you think this will be dealt with, or is it time to just .... end it? As the Verge says:

After a 26-year run, and stripped of one of its greatest voices, maybe it's time to put the poor thing down.

The Simpsons has not been near it's best since the seasons hit the double digits, they have some good eggs sure but since they moved more over to Family Guy crap humour the show lost its heart and genuine emotion that made it so good to watch. Then you take into account what they did with Homer in turning him into an insufferable dolt and the show has just no real draw to me or many fans from before.

tumblr_mcng8vtLK81qdwhlpo1_500.jpg

That's what I hear most people saying, not that they've gotten more Family Guy-esque but that they've gotten too political with Lisa. I don't think "it's gone on for so long" is a valid reason to end it though.

*cough*Emmerdale*cough*seven-freaking-thousand-episodes*cough* :cheeky:

I never really watched the Simpsons when I was young, until by chance I saw part of the episode where Bart shoots a bird, and then steals a light bulb, at which point Homer repeatedly falls down the stairs... that kinda got me interested. So I've seen a few more since then.