We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Xbox Update thread

Ryzza5

We often see new Xbox dashboard updates released in November, and 2015 is no exception. MajorNelson talks with an engineer and demonstrates what's new and improved this time around.

[subhead]The Highlights[/subhead]

• Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility with initial support for ~100 titles
  • Windows 10 app look and feel
  • Cortana voice commands in supported countries
  • Streaming to Windows 10 PCs

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really waited for this updated once it was announced, and maybe even before it when I got my hands on the Windows 10 -app. It is way more useful and user-friendly interface than the previous one. It just feels a bit heavy for the console, I don't know if you guys are experiencing it, but hopping off from the game by tapping the Xbox Button takes about 3 seconds for the pop to actually happen. Same goes for turning off the console or the controller, few seconds for the popup to load, when previously that was about instant.

Old interface could've been better for Kinect, but who actually uses it?

They should at least drop its price from 150€ to something like 80€ and I would get it just to try it out in games like Alien: Isolation and so forth, where the voice capture could bring somewhat different experience.