We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Coming in 2115: A film by Sin City director, starring John Malkovich - 100 Years [io9]

Eudemon

No that is not a typo believe it or not. 100 Years is a film that will be released on November 18th, 2115 for none of us to see.

The film by Sin-City director Robert Rodriguez stars John Malkovich and is set in the present-day, our present and is being locked in a time-locked safe that will not open again until 2115. Why are they doing this? Well it's because the film is a promotion for Louis XIII Cognac, a luxury liquor that can be bought today that in itself was made in 1915. Now it all makes sense yeah? (no, not really)

“Louis XIII is a true testament to the mastery of time and we sought to create a proactive piece of art that explores the dynamic relationship of the past, present and future”

There are three teasers with different versions of the future imagined:

None of the above is of the actual film. :eek:

Who gets a ticket?

How the team at Louis XIII envisions this all going down: they are sending out metal movie tickets to about 1,000 influential people inviting them to invite their descendants to a screening exactly one century from today.

I like this idea, it is kind of a shame to see that it is mainly for a select few nonces, but I wonder if this will set others into doing the same sort of thing. Then again sometimes knowing a future date makes time go ever faster... or at least it feels that way. :(

Source: io9.com

Wow, I love all the teasers, that was really cool. However part of me wonders if there's actually a film, or whether these 1000 people's descendants are going to get the ultimate rickroll? :lol:

Hell, you never know, immortality could be invented within our lifetime. Hopefully some reverse aging too in case it takes a while. We may pirate this yet :p