We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

#drivetribe is having a launch party.

Ryzza5

#DRIVETRIBE launches on Monday 28th November with a live event. We want you to celebrate with us.

On 28th November Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May are launching DRIVETRIBE to the world. They’ll be uniting the digital worlds of Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to host our live rubber burning, engine smoking and slightly off-the-cuff launch party.

You can watch what’s going on at our London HQ when we flick the switch - and put on our asbestos pants. To be clear, that’s the three of them, mostly without a script, LIVE. No, we don’t know what will happen either.

We’ll be beaming the live video stream directly to your Facebook feed and you can join the party on Twitter and YouTube too.

Here's what we have planned:

Jeremy’s tasteful, low key and well-thought-out launch ceremony

The three of them introducing their own personal and brand new TRIBES

Behind the scenes access at DRIVETRIBE HQ

A live Q&A with Clarkson, Hammond and May

Here’s what we haven’t planned:

Everything else that Jeremy says

To watch the live stream, go to our Facebook, Twitter or YouTube pages at 6PM GMT (UK time) on 28 November, crack open the popcorn, sit back, and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Drivetribe

I've seen some people giving away access codes or something; I still have no idea what it is about.

Henry Catchpole from evo magazine went to work for Drivetribe. :shrug:

I think the access codes were for people to join before today, it allowed people to be the first to join tribes and post their things etc, as of today no codes are needed :)

I like Catchpole, but I don't understand the move from Evo to Drivetribe either :hmmm: They must be pumping a lot of money into it to make it a success.

So I've watched their opening video and all I have got from it is that it is yet another social media. Basically Facebook about cars? People even have to sign up through their Facebook account. :shrug: From what the trio have said in the video, there will be pics, vids and texts.

And they've got another man from evo magazine, Jethro Bovingdon, in a vid with a Huracan. His twitter says he is now an editor at large there.

How are they going to fund those people like him? Ads and Amazon money?

So I've watched their opening video and all I have got from it is that it is yet another social media. Basically Facebook about cars? People even have to sign up through their Facebook account. :shrug:

My interpretation is that it's more a Tumblr about cars, or a small corner of Tumblr where people can make their own Tumblr page and see other Tumblr pages on the same theme: CARS.

That said, I do think it's a good idea and I hope it works. I follow a lot of these car nuts on Twitter, youtube etc so to have even more widely available might be good. I'm worried those that annoy me (The Shmees of the world) might take centre stage on it but I hope not.

A ye, tumblr fits the description more.

I think it's gonna turn out pretty well, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of reposts and stuff I had already seen somewhere else. And it's yet another social media to spend time scrolling through. hah.

Might pop in to see if anybody has created a tribe for 135i owners, though. :susp: