We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The *How To Use Hardcore Mode* thread

You have probabbly heard this: "Slow in, Fast out". Well, try it. It works every time. It works for me too. The best is to use a high class car, which has a lot of ponys under the hood. Then when entering a turn hit the gas and keep the car stable and watch to not spin out. Then just keep flooring it until you exit. I hope I helped. Peace! :)

slow in fast out????

no no no, do that and get maybe a 15 degree angle

you go into the corner as fast as possible, then either feint or handbrake, whichever is more comfortable

once in the slide to keep it going requires a LOT of steering and throttle input, once you master that move on to the tricky stuff

to extend your drift either give it full throttle in balance with steering or handbrake, or you can use the footbrakes in some situations

when going from a left to a right in one drift you just steer into the drift massively, then let it go the other way and catch it for the next corner, a transition, if you will

hope this helps, check my vids for corner speeds and such, or hit me up on LIVE and ill show you in person ;)

good luck

I posted this at the atari US boards a while ago but it fits here also:

The best method in my opinion is to feint, ie use the cars weight to unsettle the car, first turn away from the turn then turn back into it and give a squeeze of the throttle this will break the traction of the rear wheels and then just gently apply the throttle and counter steer to avoid the car coming round on you.

You could always go the handbrake method also but it seems a cheap way to get the car to slide plus there isn't really any game that can imitate the way a handbrake or e-brake for those in the US reacts when pulled this way.

The other method is what's called power over, enter a corner slow and then just floor it to unsettle the car then counter steer and throttle control through the corner.

There's also the braking drift but I don't know how well this game could imitate this because of the shoddyness of the brakes plus lack of brake balance. This is basically using the brakes into the corner to break out the rear end and then it's throttle and counter steer yet again.

The view is important also, I prefer to be in car because it's more lifelike and I hate the way the car acts when out car thus can't control it right, but then there's those who drift outcar who can't do anything but spin when incar. I also like the feeling of clipping an apex plus looking out the side window while the car is at quite an angle.

Oops forgot to say manual is best plus you need to get the best gear for the corner and also see if dropping or going up a gear is needed midway or at the exit.

Cars that are easy to drift:

Saleen S7TT

RUF Rturbo

RUF Rt12

McLaren F1 GTR (LM is easy to get sideways but hard as hell to control)

Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Medium difficulty:

Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR

Ferrari F40

Ferrari F430/Spider (get it right and glides like a dream but very easy to lose the power and overrev)

Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM AMG

Noble M400

Saleen Coupe

That's all I have tried upto now, I try and stay away from the RUF's and Saleens as they're easy (apart from the RGT), I have found the standard F1 at Stage 3 to be somewhat of a drifter but damn is it hard to keep under control and also in the power, you have to flick between 2nd and 3rd gears often.

Well enjoy ! :D

seriously, practising on the track will mess you up when you hit the mountains

practise on the mountains is my suggestion, once you can get through them quite well then you can possibly drift anywhere ;)

Tantalus is apparently the hardest mountain range, but i fin the 22 miles mountain stretch at the top of the map to be more challenging

Okay, someone post this, cause I need a lot of help, I just got it today and drifting is hard as hell.

Someone help?

Please =]

your getting better at drifting dude...yea you did crash into some buildings and yes you did hit a hill that sent you into some random yard but your getting better