We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Any way to paint the motorcycles on the Deluxe Paint Shop?

009SOUNDSYSTEM

i've tried my luck with zmodeler but it seems like i'm only able to modify a vehicle's manufacturer color if i buy a license for it
i'm trying to paint the Ducati 999R but bikes don't seem to be able to be painted at a Deluxe Paint Shop

any recent mod that lets any vehicle (w/ TDU platinum) be painted on the Deluxe Paint Shop? i'm really breaking my head with this one with no luck

also; if someone can guide me on how to add the colors manually i would be eternally grateful too! 

15 hours ago, 009SOUNDSYSTEM said:

i've tried my luck with zmodeler but it seems like i'm only able to modify a vehicle's manufacturer color if i buy a license for it
i'm trying to paint the Ducati 999R but bikes don't seem to be able to be painted at a Deluxe Paint Shop

any recent mod that lets any vehicle (w/ TDU platinum) be painted on the Deluxe Paint Shop? i'm really breaking my head with this one with no luck

also; if someone can guide me on how to add the colors manually i would be eternally grateful too!

Complete the race around the crater and then you will have access to an elite workshop

6 hours ago, 009SOUNDSYSTEM said:

i've done that, the 999R is not able to be painted in the Deluxe Paint shop (if thats what you mean by deluxe workshop)

and other vehicles are repainted or not, perhaps this is how the developers did it, because not all cars and motorcycles in the game can be improved

Edited by andrey zyb

I don't have an exact answer for you, but I might be able to offer some decently-related information, as well as a "better-than-nothing" fix.

First, you need a utility called "TDUMT" (I think it's on this website somewhere?). Anyway find it and download it. When you run that program, the button in the middle should say "vehicle manager". Choose that, and scroll through the list of cars and bikes to the Ducati you wanted to edit.

Once you find it, double click, there are sub-tabs lower down in the window that show various things you can edit. Most of it is trivial stuff, but there is a "colors" section for what paints you can select for that vehicle at a paint shop. You can even use the section to view and edit available interior colors for cars.

Unfortunately, this section DOES NOT allow you to easily change if a vehicle can visit the deluxe shop. However, if you had a specific general color or colors in mind, you can use the buttons on the color menu to add new entries from a lot of different named colors in the game's code. (It's not hard to do, but annoyingly none of the buttons have labels, I think once you're on the colors menu and you can see the drop-down box with current paint options, there's a "+" button or "add" or something nearby. Use that to add any colors you want from a large list of names).

That's the "better-than-nothing" fix, but no, it's doesn't exactly allow what you were hoping for.

Documentation for TDUMT is weirdly hard to come by (a lot of guides are either incomplete or poorly translated and way too vague). However, through some messing around I've noticed there is a "Database" option or something on the main screen where you initially clicked "vehicle manager". If the game has any sort of "yes/no" coding about visiting the deluxe paint shop, I'm sure it's in there.

One more bonus note: I once tested adding a light blue color as a purchasable option to the stock game's Ferrari 288 GTO. Interestingly, that vehicle normally cannot visit even the STANDARD paint shop because it only has one color available. Adding a second selectable color through TDUMT allowed that vehicle to visit the standard shop without a problem, because it now had more than one paint available.

Sorry for the long message, hope some of this somehow helps. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Wise Omelette said:

I don't have an exact answer for you, but I might be able to offer some decently-related information, as well as a "better-than-nothing" fix.

First, you need a utility called "TDUMT" (I think it's on this website somewhere?). Anyway find it and download it. When you run that program, the button in the middle should say "vehicle manager". Choose that, and scroll through the list of cars and bikes to the Ducati you wanted to edit.

Once you find it, double click, there are sub-tabs lower down in the window that show various things you can edit. Most of it is trivial stuff, but there is a "colors" section for what paints you can select for that vehicle at a paint shop. You can even use the section to view and edit available interior colors for cars.

Unfortunately, this section DOES NOT allow you to easily change if a vehicle can visit the deluxe shop. However, if you had a specific general color or colors in mind, you can use the buttons on the color menu to add new entries from a lot of different named colors in the game's code. (It's not hard to do, but annoyingly none of the buttons have labels, I think once you're on the colors menu and you can see the drop-down box with current paint options, there's a "+" button or "add" or something nearby. Use that to add any colors you want from a large list of names).

That's the "better-than-nothing" fix, but no, it's doesn't exactly allow what you were hoping for.

Documentation for TDUMT is weirdly hard to come by (a lot of guides are either incomplete or poorly translated and way too vague). However, through some messing around I've noticed there is a "Database" option or something on the main screen where you initially clicked "vehicle manager". If the game has any sort of "yes/no" coding about visiting the deluxe paint shop, I'm sure it's in there.

One more bonus note: I once tested adding a light blue color as a purchasable option to the stock game's Ferrari 288 GTO. Interestingly, that vehicle normally cannot visit even the STANDARD paint shop because it only has one color available. Adding a second selectable color through TDUMT allowed that vehicle to visit the standard shop without a problem, because it now had more than one paint available.

Sorry for the long message, hope some of this somehow helps. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! i'll look at it, i just want to paint it black like my IRL Ducati 999 xD seriously, thanks.

2 hours ago, 009SOUNDSYSTEM said:

Thanks a lot! i'll look at it, i just want to paint it black like my IRL Ducati 999 xD seriously, thanks.

Hey yeah no problem! I just took a deeper look on the computer I have TDU installed in, adding black to the ducati's purchasable colors should be a snap. Follow the steps I described above and let me know how it goes!

Also I took a closer look at the colors sub-menu, what you want to do specifically is this: Look at the box labelled "Exterior Color Sets", and you'll see a button called "Rename". There's a green plus symbol to the left of it, click that. It brings up a list of the colors the game contains for vehicles, use the little "search" window in the bottom left corner, search "black", choose whatever appears that sounds goods (it should initially bring up "Basalt Black, maybe try that?), then click "ok" in the bottom right corner. The popup box closes, and you should now have the new color added to the drop-down list. Voila! Last thing, now click the big "save" button in the top right of the screen. Launch the game and go to the non-deluxe paint shop, the new color should work. I'll caution though, given it wasn't designed to be repainted, you might run into weird problems (if the game renders any details on the bike like carbon fiber as part of it's paint job, it might look weird replacing it with a solid car). Just try it and see.

Make sure you backup your game's directory before doing anything in case it messes something up.

Let me know how it goes!