We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What is Forza like????

Nodz86

Call me late or a noob if you want but i have never played Forza, i was always playing GT series on playstaion and i never owned an original xbox, but with all the good things i'm hearing and seeing about Forza 2 i would like to know what the game is like and how the game is played, is it like gran turismo being a track based game but with more style upgrades or is it more like PGR with a kudos like system???

any info would be much appriciated

Call me late or a noob if you want but i have never played Forza, i was always playing GT series on playstaion and i never owned an original xbox, but with all the good things i'm hearing and seeing about Forza 2 i would like to know what the game is like and how the game is played, is it like gran turismo being a track based game but with more style upgrades or is it more like PGR with a kudos like system???

any info would be much appriciated

well, bit of the both, it's on the track but u don't earn kudos, u earn credit's, u buy engine upgrades, body upgrade's and all that with em

greetz:monkeydance::dance:

Great game unless........you plan on playing over LIVE....then it's glitchy as FCUK on 360, all to with the emulation process I believe. But otherwise you will not be disappointed at all I can guarantee you that ;)

Better than any GT so far (IMO, I'm no fanboy either, I just love racing games), then you have decal modes which are so great, fully custom designing a car for yourself is a brilliant past-time...lol.

Trust what the guys here have said....for the sake of less than a tenner you can pick up Forza and see what all the fuss is/was ;)

Jok3r77 is right. i just want to know what the series is like and which sort of driving game it compares to most as i im looking to get forza 2.

But info on both is welcome as i doubt they will change the way you play the game that much between the two games. It will just give me a better insight to the series.

I bought Forza from recommendations from this forum. I'm a new convert to the 360 after my PS2 finally died on me and also I wanted to play TDU (bought TDU and the 360 when TDU was launched).

As to Forza ... it's a bit like Gran Turismo on the playstation. It's a circuit racer, graphics are a bit old now but what do you expect from an xbox game. In terms of game play it plays just like GT where you do a series of events to win credits and prize cars to the compete in further competitions and buy new cars or upgrade them. The differences to GT are that it has damage on the cars (which does effect the handling) and it has visual customisation for the cars in terms of bodykits, paint and vinyls (a bit like the recent Need For Speed series).

But it was worth the 10pounds it cost me when I bought it.

Comparing it to TDU ... a completely different beast.

TDU is great for just cruising around and having fun ... well that's what you'll find me doing.

Looking forward to Forza 2 tho ...

well since your already a fan of racers :P the game is worth it and it helps you get the feeling forza has which will hopefully be the same in 2 but then better and more sim.. but I am floating off (as usual). i'd say yes just for it to kill the time between the release of FM2

Well if you've got a spare tenner and you want a good circuit racer, it's worth a crack ... especially as we have a wait till Forza 2

Just remember it's an old xbox game and it's quite entertaining

I spent in excess of 200hours on Forza......shame all my other Xbox games (150ish of them) lay collecting dust.

It's a better (in my opinion) racer than Gran Turismo, it has a lot of depth yet is very easy to access at all levels. You won't regret picking it up.;)

• 2 weeks later...

its been a long time since my ps2 died and i was in console limbo until i got my 360 just before christmas... I was a fan of the GT series on PS2 but a few things niggled me mostly the fact the almost all of the races were a crappy 6 car grid! whats wrong with full grids in these games. I have never played forza but as JOk3r77 commented above, I now own it through hype, this forum is mainly to blame for that, but some awesome videos too :D

Anyhoo hopefully there will be more races with a fuller grid 16-20 cars perhaps... makes life more challenging. :D

just my 2s worth...