We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Porsche to take over VW

Nodz86

That would be a disaster becouse they don't want any cars better than there GT. They have all ready tried to do it to Buggatti, and failed, but if there own it and Lamborghini I will cry. I mean that could mean the end of the LP640.

If I have got this wrong please say but still.

i knew this was going to happen, plz porshe dont be stupid, thatz alot of big car companys, *apart from seat and skoda:excited: * joking they are, lets hope porshe dont pull the plug on all those lisences for eden,:eek_blue: ino it wont happen but there is a chance they might, a very small one

Well as it is law in Germany that when you own x amount of a company you have to put in a take over bid but if it don't get accepted, which it wont at the price Porsche offered, then i'm not sure what happens, whether they have to keep putting bids in till one is accepted or they just have to bid once to keeep the politicians happy.

If they do take them over then all the companies will suffer or they will sell off who they don't want i.e. Seat and Skoda (which is bad for them as they are basically re-badge VW's)

thatz alot of big car companys, *apart from seat and skoda:excited: * joking they are,

Skoda may not be a big company but they do make very reliable cars, i should know my dads had three of them (a 1.3 Favourite Estate, a 1.9D Felicia Estate and his current one a 1.9D Fabia saloon), my dad got them all on 45k and put them all on 120k+ (apart from the current one) with all the trips to germany, holland, etc to see friends and they never broke down and the dealers a really good and nothings ever a problem, they are alot better than alot of the top car brands.

This is also shown in the TG Survey as 2 or 3 of their car models are always in the top 10.

pherelas, it IS gonna be the end of the lp640, PLZ porshe, PLZ, DON'T do this, cuz as the future look's now for VW without porshe ? not so bright at all

my opinion : porshe is wasting it's money on this

I know. I was just talking to my dad who was talking to his mate down the pub (long chain I know) but he is in on this kind of stuff becouse he deals with these companies regually. He says the main reason porsche want it is to shut down Buggatti becouse they want their Carrera GT to be the best. I really don't get it becouse there are cars that beat it all ready.

There is some "family" rivalry bettween them. I don't really know what he ment by this. Anyone know who owns the two companys.

I really don't get this but this is all I have heard from a guy who has links with both porsche and buggatti so I don't think its just bull "somthing".

Dam shame if its goes through becouse Lambo and Buggatti are two great companies.

Oh and if Skoda goes aswell it will be real shame becouse they are great. My dad is on his 4th Octavia VRS and have never broken down, touch wood.

From what I understand Porsche upped it's shares to protect VAG (VW Audi Group) from a takeover from a non-German company.

Why would they ditch Lambo or even change it, it is a good brand that is earning lots of money. Think about it why has Audi produced the R8 which can be considered as a competitor to the Gallardo. I think the Lambo and Porsche brands are both great names and can successfully exist under the same ownership. As to the LP640 well the Murci is nearing it's end anyway and must be due for replacement soon. It was the first car they designed under VAG control.

Also you have to remember Porsche and VAG do a lot together already ... I think the Cayenne and Q7 are off the same platform and also the RS Audis normally have a Porsche or Porsche Tuned engine