We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What kind of car should I get?

novacaine888

first off, i didnt know you were aloud to drive @ 14 here in the US. i was always told 16 (w/ a permit)

Secondly, with what you have to spend, i'd get something that is a Manual. this way once you learn how to drive a manual, you can drive either transmission w/o the excuse of saying you dont know how.

but on what kind of car, is up to your preference. Me, personally, if i didnt dump a load of cash to buy my 2003 WRX, i might have looked for a 98-01 Impreza, so i could save up the money, and do a full STi swap (for a sleeper look)

no we cant drive at 14. lol im getting one that i can fix up until im 16.

haha. that'd be sweet to drive at 14. and i would of been able to spend like 3 grand but my brother just got his car which was 4 grand. >_<. So I can only do 1500 now. but my bros is nice. and he did alot to it already. so yeah, like his runs and stuff hes 17, hes got like alot in it already. but like i want one that needs like some new parts and all. but i cant find any other good sites besides autotrader.

eh, im not so sure about a truck although i was thinking on getting a truck. I mean it'd be cool, cause i'll sadly prolly be working with my step dad as a landscaper. haha. But they make food money actually. Yeah and i can go off roading with it, if i'd like. haha. but im located in PA. So i'll look at trucks tonight on autotrader.

An old TVR S series thing. No idea if you would be able to find them in the US but fast simple and should be easy to work on.

EDIT: Just looked at your price limited, the cheapest s you'll find over here is about 4 grand sterling, so 8 us dollers and there rare over there, I think.

You really need to say what you like, trucks (evil things unless it has a v10), mustle car, sports car, sensible car...

An old TVR S series thing. No idea if you would be able to find them in the US but fast simple and should be easy to work on.

EDIT: Just looked at your price limited, the cheapest s you'll find over here is about 4 grand sterling, so 8 us dollers and there rare over there, I think.

You really need to say what you like, trucks (evil things unless it has a v10), mustle car, sports car, sensible car...

yeah, its extremely rare to see an Euro/Uk imported vehicle. But in my time growing up, i have only seen Two Lotus elise's. one White (as i was walking home from school, then again, it might have been a noen-greenish color. i cant remember), and a yellow Elise. I am not sure what version they are, but they are the same body as the Exige, if that helps.

I've seen quite a few exotics living in Phoenix and going to Scottsdale. In fact, I've seen the only Mclaren registered in AZ. I've also seen Lambos, Ferraris, Rolls Royces, Bentleys (saw one a week ago), and quite a few Lotus Elises. Then you also have the typical MB SL55s over here. Makes you a little envious to drive over there lol.

And I wish I could find a TVR for 8K here. I have NEVER seen one of those in person and have seen very few pictures of them.

My opinion would be to ask your parents to put the money aside for you because you don't know what you mgiht want in the next two years and what ever you do want mgiht be cheaper when you want it leaving with more money to use on mods.

Thanks ~]Weeksy[~

^^ your lucky. and CAPN WAKKA. Its a good project car, i mean i'll probolly just get a new hood like a tuner one anyway, then it needs a new bumper so i could save for a body kit, and not bother to get the stock one. know what i mean?

bodykits are nice and all, but they do make you stick out when you cruising and see the "pigs" out. they will eyeball a 'Tuner' car over a regualer stock looking car any time. it'd probably be best to keep her as a sleeper. :D (i had been pulled over doing 70mph in a 50mph, and ppl were going faster than me. go fig)

i guess its cuz my car really sticks out cuz its yellow

bodykits are nice and all, but they do make you stick out when you cruising and see the "pigs" out.

Not to mention people like me point at you and laugh and say they need to spend less time watching Fast and the Furious. It's way better to take that money you would waste on a bumper and use it on performance mods. Other than wheels and tires, go for the sleeper effect. :)

• 5 weeks later...

14 if you live far far away from the city, and one of the employees of a company where my dad was during a business trip said that in Arkansas, if you can drive a lawn mower,u can drive a car, all you have to do is drive in a circle and ur done. lol