We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 2 demo Available on Marketplace NOW !!!!!!

Eudemon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found out that you need traction in the Zonder R class car, span it on the start grid.

this made me laugh hard LOL LOL LOL doesnt describe how much

Throttle Control is required for a quick start :p

no throttle control off the line = spinning

Traction Control = *YAWN* the car never does anything surprising, and is somewhat a bore

im looking into a wheel now, but doubt i will get one, simply cos i HATE wheels that dont offer Shifter (as in an actual stick) of any kind, and it doesnt even have 900 degree rotation, so once again, why?

leave the hardcore sims that need wheels for the PC (as long as you have a strong enough PC to play them on lol)

I don't really care about it being realistic with the wheel or not. Its really good fun, the wheel is great and for what I want it does its job.

As for spinning. It was my first go on the demo, I got stright in the Zonda and got it a bit wrong. Ok i'm useless with the R2 cars but I don't really care. I'm still getting use to it, better n this than TDU I have to say, though that dosn't say much.

Traction control has its purpose. When a car has traction control I see no harm in useing it and if i'm racing i'll use it. Drifting in my opioion is stupid, if you gunna go round a corner, go round it, don't make such a meal of it. Sorry drifters.

I don't really care about it being realistic with the wheel or not. Its really good fun, the wheel is great and for what I want it does its job.

As for spinning. It was my first go on the demo, I got stright in the Zonda and got it a bit wrong. Ok i'm useless with the R2 cars but I don't really care. I'm still getting use to it, better n this than TDU I have to say, though that dosn't say much.

Traction control has its purpose. When a car has traction control I see no harm in useing it and if i'm racing i'll use it. Drifting in my opioion is stupid, if you gunna go round a corner, go round it, don't make such a meal of it. Sorry drifters.

I agree with you, And it slows you down. I race karts and drifting just slows you down so others overtake you easily.

Grab a 997 Turbo, do a 180 and head upto the top of the straight, park up turn your speakers up and listen to the Gallardo, F430 and SLR come by, in the Gallardo's case you can hear it round the whole track.

Oh and the crashes sound soo good, the bar has been raced for engine, tire, crash sounds in games now and it is set up very high indeed.

Oh here's some crash/damage pics to make you smile

PS Racing a circuit correctly will always be faster than drifting, it's been proven, the only place drifting can be faster is a 180 or 90 degree, also there is no such thing as gripping, only drifters seem to say that for some reason. The fastest way through a corner is to go as straight as possible as this means speed, being at an angle and shredding your tires does not benefit you in a normal race.

Guest Johansen
Drifting is only slow if you do it wrong :p

Drifting (if done right) can be the same speed (or faster depending on corner) than if you were to grip

wrong? show drift is slow, but race drift is almost as fast as racing, and often its faster.

i had an amazing run in the zo6 today, let everyone go ahead of me and then just gave proper drifting a go!!!!! so much fun, best car for drifting ive used yet, especialy on the 2 and 3 corners!!!!!! is this the end for test drive????? i think so......lol

Drifting is making a meal of the corner? Oh dear... :wtf:

I played the demo at a friends house, and the physics and feeling of the cars is great, but the graffics really lack in quality, those graffics must be improved...But the driving is pretty accurate...

For me the graphics are spot on, and this game will be at it's ultimate online and that is a fact. Forza2 will be absolutely at it's peak when online tournaments and challenges kick off, that's without the callouts and friends challenges.

Forza2 will become the standard for 360 racers on Live......that you can bet your last quid on. :excited:

I find it strange that only the environment is reflected and not the other cars, seems a bit weird especially when you watch racing a lot and see this all the time. Also the replay cameras still are as awful as ever and are final though other tracks should hopefully be better.

wrong? show drift is slow, but race drift is almost as fast as racing, and often its faster.

Maximum speed is obtained through apex-controlled turning and drifting includes loss of traction which subsequently reduces acceleration, deceleration and braking power making it a lot less effective and thus slower.

Fastest way through a turn, as Diablo already said, is enter on the line, deceleration, apex, acceleration, exit on the line.

The point where tires squeal is the point where you stop having complete grip on the tarmac and where you start loosing speed.

Which is why professional racecar drivers rarely let their tires squeal.

The only exception is of course; Off-road rally.

Maximum speed is obtained through apex-controlled turning and drifting includes loss of traction which subsequently reduces acceleration, deceleration and braking power making it a lot less effective and thus slower.

Fastest way through a turn, as Diablo already said, is enter on the line, deceleration, apex, acceleration, exit on the line.

The point where tires squeal is the point where you stop having complete grip on the tarmac and where you start loosing speed.

Which is why professional racecar drivers rarely let their tires squeal.

Agreed.. When was the last time you saw F1 cars (ok bad example) drifting through corners? I'll admit it's much more fun watching drifting cars than any other..

f430 does sound amazing, and im happy that they got the SLR mclaren to sound like it should, just cant wait for the porsche carrera GT, thats gonna sound AMAZING!!!!

I don't really know about the Carrera GT. When your in it you can't really hear the engine, just wind noise. The SLR does sound great but it does in real life.